Genericism stat [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Rar
AniDB Staff

Genericism stat [DENIED]

Post by Rar »

Just to say, when generic files are fully in, it would be nice to have some mylist stats on what proportion of anime you have files for, and what on dvd etc.

Rar
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

as generating stats puts a lot of load on the server I'd rather leave such stats to AoM.

BYe!
EXP
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Sure, AOM is good for details. But Chii gives me Leech factor and Lameness at the moment (which isn't really relevant for the most people) so I thought generic-ness would be easy to add.

Rar
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Leech-factor is determined by how many files in your mylist are ones you added to the DB yourself (i.e. file-ower == user-id).
Generic-ness should probably be determined by how many files in your mylist are generic files (i.e. file-owner == nobody).

Looks to me like generating this particular statistic (generic-ness) wouldn't put much more strain on the server at all. ;)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Elberet wrote:Leech-factor is determined by how many files in your mylist are ones you added to the DB yourself (i.e. file-ower == user-id).
Generic-ness should probably be determined by how many files in your mylist are generic files (i.e. file-owner == nobody).

Looks to me like generating this particular statistic (generic-ness) wouldn't put much more strain on the server at all. ;)
it will.
leechfactor is generated from two stats values which are already there.
- the number of files the user added to anidb
- the number of files the user has in his mylist
at no point is a correclation of users and the creatore-uids of the files in their mylists made.
Basically adding a stats for generic files would add another counter.

BYe!
EXP