My List (Show/Hide Options) [OLD REQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

R04KH

My List (Show/Hide Options) [OLD REQ]

Post by R04KH »

I was thinking it would be nice to have a option to Show/Hide voted anime, so we could easily select the ones we haven't voted yet.

If anyone thinks this is useful leave your opinion here...
If there is enough people interested maybe it migth be a good feature. :D

Special Thanks to the Developers of AniDB, cause this is the best Anime Related Site EVER!!! :D

R04KH
Elias

Post by Elias »

There is option show/hide viewed/unviewed - it's nearly the same. Normally after viewing you vote for anime, so difference will be only for titles you have already viewed, but without voting (remember to vote!) or voted before you completed watching title (voting before watching - not good idea).
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

Elias wrote:There is option show/hide viewed/unviewed - it's nearly the same. Normally after viewing you vote for anime, so difference will be only for titles you have already viewed, but without voting (remember to vote!) or voted before you completed watching title (voting before watching - not good idea).
That doesn't really work very well; if a person wants to find anime that they have/haven't voted for, it's precisely because they haven't voted as soon as they finished watching. (Remember that there are people joining anidb now who already have large collections and need to vote for all their anime!)

Viewed/unviewed isn't always accurate, either; I don't remember whether it considers an anime for which you have two or more versions of one episode of which only one is marked watched as viewed or not, but it definitely doesn't know about the conventions for movies, and if you have a 1 cd version (episode 1, unwatched, because it the quality was quite unbearable) and a 3 cd version (episodes 4-6, watched), the movie will definitely fall into the `unviewed' catagory.