IRC remote [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

xao

IRC remote [DONE]

Post by xao »

is there possibility to create a remote who search the anidb database from IRC (like the animenfo one)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

please be more specific.

BYe!
EXP

Post by Guest »

hum

a remote script for IRC client who will search the aniDB database when specific commands are typed...

like : @info animename
- if the exact match is found send the information in notice to the user with the search result (anime title / number of episode / type of episode / years / anime type / rating / url to the anidb full page of the anime) (also the advancement of the team on the anime, juste 5 teams like the site)
- if the search has to many result show some anime title who match with the search(6-8 result seem be good)
- if no result was found so just notice it

some other information/commande should be add for the information of a specific episode
exemple : @epi animename animenumber (@epi naruto 1 SP)
and return the team who rlz it (eventually with the irc channel of the team if exist) (just the 5 best rating team because of the important of team on many anime ... like naruto ...)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

@xao/guest: Just for fun, I think you should join #anidb on irc.chatsociety.net and type !commands. I know that your request is different from what's currently implemented, but that way, you'd at least get an overview of (the IRC-bot) Chii's functions, specifically !anime <name>, !file <anime> <ep> and !g4a <anime>.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Again, just for fun: You might want to check the FAQ-forum, where we have an explanation on how the bot works.
Weedy

Re: IRC remote

Post by Weedy »

Sry for reviving the topic but I came here in search of this too.
xao wrote:is there possibility to create a remote who search the anidb database from IRC (like the animenfo one)
I think what he means is animenfo has a user(me) downloadable bot that just queries there data base for information. In fact I run that bit my self, the thing is ur database is mush more informative then there’s and I was hoping to find a bot that would do the same. For example when I use this remote:

[23:43] <Weedy> !animeinfo stellvia
[23:43] -RRA-Anime- Found 2 results or more: - [Stellvia the Universe] - [Uchuu no Stellvia]
[23:43] <Weedy> !animeinfo Uchuu no Stellvia
[23:44] -RRA-Anime- - [ ¬http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1200 ... ellv.html¬ ] - [Title: Uchuu no Stellvia] - [TV] - [Total: 26] - [Genre: Action, Romance, Science-Fiction] - [Year: 2003] - [Studio: XEBEC] - [US Distribution: Geneon Entertainment] - [Rating: 8.8/10.0 (218 reviews)]

So basically im am looking for a bot I can use in my own channel that does this, and I believe that’s what the original poster was asking. Also if I could code in mirc I would have tried but I cannot so I hope some one here can or even exp could make a dumbed down version of chii
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

currently this is not possible.
chii has to have direct SQL access to the database.
right now there are no concrete plans for a public interface to anidb which could be used by a bot to extract the required information.
however, the UDP API (see development forum) might well allow that one day.
we might also have an XML query interface to anidb at some point.
but don't expect to see these anytime soon.

BYe!
EXP