old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

FatLady

Chose Anime name in mylist [OLD REQ]

Post by FatLady »

i first apologice because my english isn't the best

i request a change in the mylist names

i will give an example to show you what i mean

last time i gave my friend my exportet anidb list he showed me some animes on it and i didn't knew these ones
for example Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku and i thougt
whats that and i looked it was "now and then here and there"

so i would be good if you could choose which anime titel is listet in "mylist" and in "mylist export"

i know that you can choose the official english or japanisch titel but i like to choose every anime for itself

for example in my exportet animelist

AA! Megami Sama
i would prefer
Oh My Goddess!

or
Shin seiki Evangelion Gekijo-ban: Shito shinsei

i would prefer

Neon Genesis Evangelion

and for mylist (online)
for example

instead of "Bluer than Indigo" i would prefer Ai yori Aoshi like it is in mylist(export)

so it would be nice if there were some box where you could choose (or write it in) the anime you would like it to be show in your mylist or mylist export

again i apologice for my bad english

i hope you understood what i was trying to say

edit

and by the way you are doing a great job ;)

i love anidb
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

- go to your profile (left side in the middle of the screen) on the anidb mainpage.
- find the option "Language Preference:" and set it to "official title(english)"
and you are done. all titles are english now... well most should be. depends if there exist an english name for the entry, but for 99% this should be the case.
FatLady

Post by FatLady »

Der Idiot wrote:- go to your profile (left side in the middle of the screen) on the anidb mainpage.
- find the option "Language Preference:" and set it to "official title(english)"
and you are done. all titles are english now... well most should be. depends if there exist an english name for the entry, but for 99% this should be the case.
i know that you can choose the official english or japanisch titel but i like to choose every anime for itself
another example

i would like to have

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien instead of The Eternity You Wish For
because i never heard of The Eternity You Wish For
so i like english and japanese mixed titels
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

oh sorry. must have missed that part somehow doh. :oops:
egg

Post by egg »

Duplicate request. See: Additional title type in mylist and halfway down in: Categories for aliases [DONE].
FatLady

Post by FatLady »

gomen :(

i quiet dont get what they say in these threads
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I also don't quite get what Elias is requesting. "Additional title" in Mylist, where "Additional title" can be "none"?!?

Does that mean he wants to add additional titles himself and then select those for display or does he need an option for every anime he has so he can select which title to be displayed there?

Just adding an option to one's preferences to enable that "additional title" would only work if you selected or entered that "additional title" before I guess.
Elias

Post by Elias »

When there will be possible (and default) value 'none' another option to enable that 'additional title' will not be needed. Why adding two options (one for switching on display of additional titles and another for selecting language for those additional titles), when one new option will be enough.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

:? :? :? Elias: what the heck IS an "additional title"? :? :? :?

There are already six types of titles (suggested), Jap. orig, Jap. Romaji, Other, Engl. Official, Engl. Unofficial and Other, what would be that "additional title" for?

I simply don't get what you mean, sorry. I really tried to understand it.
Elias

Post by Elias »

One of those six types (other than defined in profile), displayed below title in language defined in profile.
In short i would to see in mylist (assuming than in profile 'Default anime title type' is 'Jap. rom.' and 'additional' is 'Engl. official') something like:
AA! Megami Sama
(Oh My Goddess!)
Bannou Bunka Nekomusume TV
(All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku TV)
Haibane Renmei
(Charcoal Feather Federation)

Of course is not as ideal as setting for each anime which title (english, romanji, kanji or other) we want to see, but it looks much easier to implement.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

That additional anime name idea is really nice, Elias. :)
imokie

Post by imokie »

Yeah, that's a really nice idea. :)
I would like that feature implemented if the request to set the display for each file individually is rejected.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Ah! Now I get it!

That's a great idea. That way you would be able to learn both names over time just by browsing your mylist and if you meet somebody who just knows a series by the name you did not know the anime by at first you will be able to understand what he is talking about :)

Somebody go wake EXP and tell him to think about this :)
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Anyone already bugged EXP for this yet? ;)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

*BUMP* *BUMP* *BUMP*