[Chii] !randomanime (un)watched should ex. deleted [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

pelican
AniDB Staff

[Chii] !randomanime (un)watched should ex. deleted [tracked]

Post by pelican »

Chii's !randomanime function, if applied with a `watched' or `unwatched' argument, is essentially for picking anime from your collection. Episodes for which you have deleted all files turning up is annoying and is not, I think, an attribute of this feature that benefits anyone.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

i see your point.
however i'd say that for the "watched" replies, deleted animes should be returned.

BYe!
EXP
egg

Post by egg »

What about using the 'blacklist' flag. If the user sets an anime on the blacklist (which they would probably do because the deleted the whole thing), then Chii shouldn't return it.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

ah well, anidb doesn't make any use of the blacklist yet anyway :P

BYe!
EXP
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

egg wrote:What about using the 'blacklist' flag. If the user sets an anime on the blacklist (which they would probably do because the deleted the whole thing), then Chii shouldn't return it.
I have anime which I have watched and deleted but which would not go on my blacklist, but the target of this change was, for me, mainly anime for which I have multiple encodes and have deleted some without watching in their entirety. Blacklisting is likely to be too extreme for both cases. (Although not returning blacklisted anime in database-scope !randomanime queries is probably a good idea.)