Notificationlinks under each anime in latest anime [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

permidion

Notificationlinks under each anime in latest anime [DENIED]

Post by permidion »

hello,
i wondered if it would be possible to add the "Notification: OFF - enable: all | new | group" links under each serie listed on the latest animes page.

that way one can easily select serie one wants without having to visite each serie's page one after another.
permidion

Post by permidion »

mmm, was this a bad idea?
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

No... in fact, both notifications and the wishlist would fit there, but for notifications, both "new" and "group" shouldn't be available, since it doesn't make sense to select either without having an overview of the files released / in mylist.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

New makes sense actually, you'll get the notifications for all files until you start downloading. Aka, it works like "all" until you add a file to mylist.
I always use "new", even for animes I have no file of.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I am not too fond of this idea ATM, simply bc it will require additional db accesses to be made before the page can be displayed.

Do we really need this on the latest anime page?

I mean normally you'd check the descritpion and maybe some additional info only available on the anime page first before adding any notification/wishlist entries. And most ppl will also add only a few of the animes listed on the latest anime pages to their wishlist/notification list, or am I wrong?

and if we include the notification/wishlist info we'd also have to include the mylist box in order for it to be complete.

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I think it's enough to have it at the anime page.