Notify via email (w/list of new files as well?) [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Notify via email (w/list of new files as well?) [DENIED]

Post by Guest »

wouldn notify via email save BW avoiding ppl constantly checking in on abidb to see if they got notifies?.

and as a subset, for example: i've got XX anime with "group notify", when the notify mails arrives, can it contain the ed2k links of the new files?(that would save even much BW), but i guess this setting would be good only for group notify, since it's better focused.

L'Eliminateur
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

this is already implemented for mods/ar staff.
however it places too much load on the server and sending a lot of emails is always a bit problematic.
that's why this feature will not be added for everyone, at least not for now.

there have been some thoughts about writing a small notification client which would notify you of new items even if you're not surfing anidb.
however, that project has run into some techincal difficulties.

though there are already two ways how you could realize something along the lines of what you're requesting.
a) use the anidb rdf feed of newly added files together with some filtering enabled rdf client
b) idle in the #anidb-log loggin channel on irc.chatsociety.net and set your irc highlighting accordingly.

BYe!
EXP

Post by Guest »

what about in the new AoM?
i'll open the feature request there...
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Anonymous wrote:what about in the new AoM?
i'll open the feature request there...
yeah, or a seperate client.
i've just taken a peek, it seems that the mayor problem has been solved already (we had troubles getting UDP packets through).
so this might actually be implemented someday :o)

BYe!
EXP
Furcube

Post by Furcube »

maybe notification via rss would be better. and it will reduce server load (compared to e-mails)