MyList to show/hide 'have all released' [DONE somewhat]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

phip

MyList to show/hide 'have all released' [DONE somewhat]

Post by phip »

It would be really handy if there was a show/hide link in the MyList for series of which I have all the released episodes. Then it would be possible to see which incomplete series are that way because I don't have all the files, and which are because the files haven't been released yet.

I realize this could be a bit technically challenging, dealing with files from different groups. And different groups' release rates. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to work around it? Perhaps if all the user's files are from the same group, it would only look at that group's. But then what if they have a mix? hmm... :?
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: MyList to show/hide 'have all released'

Post by wahaha »

phip wrote:It would be really handy if there was a show/hide link in the MyList for series of which I have all the released episodes. [...]
"show/hide stalled" should already do exactly this ;)
phip

Post by phip »

Hm, I tried it but it didn't seem to be quite right. I'll check again. Sorry if I'm being foolish
phip

Post by phip »

Okay, I'm dumb after all! Sorry!
SilverWordz
AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

Except the show/hide stalled option only works when you have all the eps currently released, AND have watched them.

At least for me. If I haven't watched all the eps I have for it, it doesn't hide with that filter.

Also I don't think its based off of eps released, unless its basing them off of which group you are following.

For example Android Maico in my list has 24 eps released, but the group I follow only released 16 so far. It still gets hidden even though eps 17-24 are technically released.

But anyway, too much thinking for me to wonder about how exactly its working. I just know that the show/hide is based more off of viewed than just having the files.
phip

Post by phip »

hey, see! It is acting funny. I can't tell what criteria it uses to decide what is and isn't shown when you click show/hide stalled.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

not sure right now, I'd have to check the code.
but my guess would be that it hides all animes you have seen all eps you have files for. meaning it does not take anything into account but the number of eps you have, the number of eps you have watched and the total amount of eps the anime is supposed to have (not the number of eps/files actually added)

BYe!
EXP

Post by Guest »

So it seems the "hide stalled" option hides series for which you have watched all your episodes of.

I'm requesting an option to hide series for which i have all the files released thus far (by any groups I have episodes of that series from)

Seems possible, since the wishlist works in a similar fashion. It would just be nice to be able to sort my list into "incomplete because I don't have it" and "incomplete because it's not out yet"
phip

Post by phip »

sorry, that was me. got logged out somehow
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I hope isn't bad received but as you're talking about filtering myList I think is better to post here than open a new thread. Is there a way to have only listed animes in which not all the files you have were seen?
phip

Post by phip »

DonGato wrote:Is there a way to have only listed animes in which not all the files you have were seen?
Yes - Click "Hide Stalled" in your mylist.
Phip wrote:Seems possible, since the wishlist works in a similar fashion.
I meant notifies, sorry, not wishlist.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

phip wrote:
DonGato wrote:Is there a way to have only listed animes in which not all the files you have were seen?
Yes - Click "Hide Stalled" in your mylist.
:lol:

And what's the logic behind this?
I would never guess that one...