Browsing animelist w/ indication of those already have[DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Ultima
AniDB Staff

Browsing animelist w/ indication of those already have[DONE]

Post by Ultima »

I thought that it may be useful for there be a way when browsing the animelist for that user to have some indication to which animes they have in their mylist and those that are not. For instance, you can hide synonyms for animes. Could there be a option like, "highlight animes you already have" or something to indicate that you got that anime already. It would be useful in quickly determining which animes you need to see instead of browsing through the list picking out which ones you have and have not seen/got. Hopefully its not too much out of the question. :)

Thanks,

Ultima
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

atm the way the mylist information is stored in the anidb there is no fast way to determin if a user has a certain anime in their mylist.
so atm it's not possible to show that information without killing the anidb (load wise).
however it will probably be implemented later bc some fancy caching of the info will make the speed penalty acceptable. :o)

BYe!
EXP
Ultima
AniDB Staff

Post by Ultima »

Ahh.. ic.. well thats good :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

u know see the mylist entry for the anime on the anime list.
adding more mylist info than that would increase the load on the db quite a bit. so for now this will be all the info you'll get :P

i'll take a look at the animelist code now.

BYe!
EXP
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

the animelist page now allows you to hide anime which are already in your mylist (meaning anime which you have at least one file added for in mylist).
I'd say this is a litte quick&dirty workaround and might help some ppl. Showing more mylist related info in the animelist is atm not possible (for performance reasons).

BYe!
EXP