''Compare mylist to ...'' modification :) [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

recca_cool

''Compare mylist to ...'' modification :) [tracked]

Post by recca_cool »

Yo minna ^^
I checked "compare to mylist" function .. there is slight modification to it which goes like this:
When I compare my list to y's list, I'd like to see titles y has (and I don't) :)
The compare function as it is now only display titles you have and compare it with the other person's list (showing whether he/she has the title or not and the stat)

So in other words, it would be like viewing another person's list and hide common titles :)

ja -.-
ReCCa

(slightly edited by wahaha)
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

Yup... might be a bug instead because Wahaha wrote on main page:
You can now easily compare your mylist with another one
So that you can quickly find animes you have in common, or animes only one of you has - or just to compare your votes on shows both of you watched completely.
Well, maybe Wahaha didn't know what he was talking about! :wink:
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

<diplomatic mode>
Well, "you two" can still find out which animes only one of you has by telling the other one what you have and the other one doesn't...
</>

You're right, though. I didn't use the mylist comparison so far... only had a quick look at it when it was introduced and based the text on another quick look (where I managed to overlook that) ^^;
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

Didn't use it either... I was just going to tell him how to do it but didn't find it anywhere! héhé
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

this was actually how i intended to do it at first.
however i ran into some performance issues and decided to drop it for now.
i will probably look at this again someday though.

BYe!
EXP
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

As I understood it, wouldn't it be enough to allow swapping the "perspective" when comparing two mylists for that option?

In other words, when A compares the list to B's list, A "just" gets the existing "uncommon"-overview B currently gets when comparing the list to A's list.
Stray7Xi

Post by Stray7Xi »

How about comparing their mylist vs your wishlist to see common entries. I think that'd be the most useful thing I'd want to know comparing to another user's mylist.

I'd also say vice versa would be useful to see what you have that they want... but you can't currently view others wishlists I believe. So it'd involve another option to make wishlists publically viewable.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

@wahaha: indeed. You'd "just" have to compare the lists twice, once from each perspective, and merge/filter the results - not exactly performance-friendly, altho it can be done relatively efficiently outside of SQL.

Then again, what I'd like and probably even use is a feauture to compare to part of my mylist (e.g. letter x, all complete animes, all watched animes, animes a, b and c) with a friend's mylist and receive a full diff so I can see easily which files I have that he doesn't or for which episodes we have the same / different files. :)
mizardx

Post by mizardx »

I'd like this feature.
My idea would be to color the lines. For example lite-red background for animes he/she has and i don't, wise-versa colored green. Or maybe some icon indicating this.
Last edited by mizardx on Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Jup, gets my vote as well.
zsozso

Post by zsozso »

This feature would be neat.