Shadow Files Progress [ONTODO/POSTPONED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Tomynocker

Post by Tomynocker »

i have no idea if there's an active thread about this topic (i was bored, so i just wrote it...if it's bull, just ignore it) .... i just thought about it and maybe there's a way to implement it with the current tables architecture. All that's needed is adding 2 additional fields to the file record .... two fields pos1 and pos2 that contain an integer. like this you can define ranges what the file contains .... it might be the best idea to make examples...:
eg 100, 199 read as ep 1 pos 1 to ep 1 pos 100...the complete ep in one file ....
or 100,499 = ep 1 pos 1 up to ep 4 pos 100 = a file spanning over 4 eps
or a multipart ep ... 100,150 as the first half and 150,199 as the second half....

well..it's just a thought ...maybe it gives more probs than i can imagine....
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Don't give exp more excuses for dodgy programming...

Rar
worf

Post by worf »

*slaps Tomynocker with a new language system*

anyway:
PetriW wrote:The mods will have a fun time editing entries too. 8O
No worries. I'm almost done with that problem. ;)
Now we only have to wait for Exp to move all important data to his super-secret test server where he did work on shadow-files for the past 2 years. >.> *looks at Exp*
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

worf wrote:Now we only have to wait for Exp to move all important data to his super-secret test server where he did work on shadow-files for the past 2 years. >.> *looks at Exp*
If you only knew.... ><
worf

Post by worf »

Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!

At the moment it doesn't look like i will reach the 10k creqs with only subtitles files. So, anything else to creq? :p