Censorship on Hentai files [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

DonGato

Post by DonGato »

We're talking about Hentai!
No americanized animes like Robotech or DBZ.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

DonGato wrote: Censored
Uncensored
Cut
Uncut
Censored/Cut
Censored/Uncut
Uncensored/Cut
Uncensored/Uncut
No, you're talking about cutting too. I was just making a point about how far you go with this. I say, use three states, and pretty much just for hentai.

Rar
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I still don't understand why you relate my porposition about cut with other things but Hentai as we're talking about that. Anyway, for me this is for hentai titles mostly and your examples are not simple cuts but americanized series. An example of a non-hentai title with cutting is Gantz. We already have a problem there.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

I don't think it's worth differentiating between cut/uncut and censored/uncensored, for whatever purpose.

If there's any need to describe the exact difference (also between to differently cut/censored versions), that'd fit best in the description, in addition to the 3-state-flag.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Yes, I agree with that (just stated that 6 different icons was not an option). Knowing that is not the full version is enough IMO.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Hmm...

I am sorry but I still feel that there is quite a difference between a cut version and a censored version.

For the argument's sake I'll stick to Hentai only from now on - I think there is a huge difference between cutting out stuff compared to censoring stuff. A full cut means you see nothing. The thing that happens is just missing.

Censoring means you either pixelate, enlarge portions of the image to not show the part that needs censoring, change colors, exchange items in the material to less offending items and stuff of the sort.

Additionally, there are quite a lot of hentai here in germany that are cut beyond belief to make them fit the general 60 to 65 minute pr0n video length. Unfortunately I don't know that much about those things since I do not research hentai - I only know about it from Anime magazines which got into more detail about it, and I don't know it first hand, but I really think there should be

- censored/uncensored
- cut/uncut
- unknown

I really object to putting cut and censored into one value. That's so misleading in so many cases that you just could leave it out altogether. I think there is a difference beteween a pixelated dick and a camera move down from the face of the male actor and suddenly the camera moves back upward from the somewhat same position because the whole part of the film below the waist was cut. That's highly irritating, makes you kinda seasick and stop watching altogether. Happened to me once. Yuck.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Skywalka wrote:Censoring means you either pixelate, enlarge portions of the image to not show the part that needs censoring, change colors, exchange items in the material to less offending items and stuff of the sort.
only pixels/mosaic is considered real censoring..
the others are just.. symbolical censoring... these can never be uncensored cause it was originally drawn this way... pixels however are added on top of the drawings...

that brings forth a problem.. how to mark stuff like Private Psycho Teacher or Countdown: Akira Complex which don't really show anything explicit...
hentai

Post by hentai »

seems better to have a seperate flag for censored (true/false) and you will only need 1 icon for when its censored. When its not you could leave it blank...

cut/uncut seems like a different discussion ;)

here's my try:

PS, you should edit the title of this topic too reopend ;)
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

if anyone hasn't noticed yet, censored/uncensored flags have been implemented :D
so please don't write censored/uncensored to the file description anymore
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Examples? :P