Filter Fileslist by Group and or other criterions [OLD REQ]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

StopD

Filter Fileslist by Group and or other criterions [OLD REQ]

Post by StopD »

yeah... it's quite tedious to find the right files in a list with 100+ episodes subbed by 5 groups... if you can filter out the unwanted groups (or jut display files by specified groups (maybe the ones from the notify on default)) it would clean the list up and make it easier to select the file you want...

old idea?.. dunno i didn't search.. bite me if you want... 8O
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

/me bites StopD...

if you had checked the sticky thread, you would have seen
Sort expanded anime's episodes by group

you know, the thread is there to speed up research a lot!
StopD

Post by StopD »

yeah slap me too and give me animal names.. w00hoo,,,

btw filter and sort is different.. so mine is still valid..
i.hate.registering

Post by i.hate.registering »

i vote for this as well

it should be fairly simple (and not time consuming ) to add an extra "Group query-box" in the advanced search

its so annoying (at least for me) to see an almost-useless "producer query-box" and not able to filter results by group :evil:

it has been more than a year since the last msg... and no comments on the possibility of this UBER COOL feature ;)

my situation is: i have 50-100 animes in DVD, and i was hopping to make my list on aniDB, but having to filter each episode through the bunch-o-rama of other files, is an unbearable task :cry:
(i do my list of everything with whereisit, but for anime it doesnt work so well)

it also surprised me to see that AoM didnt support this filter in its "advanced search"... i simply cant figure out why... (more complex things have been done there)

if the mass-add supported CRC-32, it would be easy for me (but for some reason, i know this wont be added... and could be more troublesome to implement depending on the DB structure)

soo... :roll: ... :whistle: ... when could we hope to see this done ?
/me runs and hides from pointy sticks

or will AoM solve this "search by anime-name + group" problem?
if so, im more than eager to alpha test it :p ( its currently in v0.6 alpha with no estimated date of release, or am i wrong? how long is that? :p j/k )

thank you very much for all the hard work that you guys have done in aniDB ;)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

mass add uses ed2k hashes - "simply" hash your 100 dvds again with an ed2k-link-generator and drop those files in the ed2k dump. Or copy each file to the harddisk and let aom hash them there. That's what I did, works "really fast" - at least faster than adding everything manually.
i.hate.registering

Skywalka wrote:..."simply"..."really fast"...
:roll:
not fast at all, and it would keep my only dvd drive busy (the one that burns dvds...) not to mention also, the hours of intensive cpu

i already hashed files when i downloaded them (if not from emule or bt), i already check the burned files... i cant spend all my cpu time hashing files :p

some other user here (dont remember his username), had all his anime on HD waiting for AoM 0.6 to avoid just that... to have to hash files from DVD... its not practical at all

that is the "solution" i want to avoiding here

if i knew how to interpret the "perl" scripts (because of clicks in the "colapse all", and probably search also [im suspecting its perl, is it not?]), and if the bzip unpack routine was ready-to-paste-in-my-code... maybe i could code something out...
but thats a lot of ifs... and not much free time :(
alas, if only it were all plain html :p
kidan

Post by kidan »

i.hate.registering wrote:some other user here (dont remember his username), had all his anime on HD waiting for AoM 0.6 to avoid just that... to have to hash files from DVD... its not practical at all
Well, you're wrong on this, he's no other user.

Then, I think your nickname and signature are pretty arrogant. These boards were open to guest-postings for a very long time, but after more and more guests just flooded the boards with 'How can I download stuff?'-threads, exp changed this policy due to demand from the regular-community here. I myself dislike registering at boards, but if you just wanted to flame sb. because you can't have all your collection imported with one click, you'd be better off visiting the IRC-channel (no registration required there).

I guess there is no perfect solution for you right now (and maybe not in an acceptable time at all), so you could just start with hashing some DVD. As this should not be a time-critical task to you, you could do this just from time to time, if you feel like it. I can understand that this is some sort of inconveniance, but please don't blame anidb for this, as you could have used it for some years already and thus wouldn't have to process such a large amount right now.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

i.hate.registering wrote:it also surprised me to see that AoM didnt support this filter in its "advanced search"... i simply cant figure out why... (more complex things have been done there)
Try the Anime browser -> Groups tab.
i.hate.registering

thank you for the input PetriW, i must say that solution didnt cross my mind.
its still not perfect, as one has to select all files, one by one, from an anime, but it avoids the unbereable filtering of the mix of other group's files

----
brainstorm alert...
it just hit me while re-reading all previous msgs...
Skywalka wrote:ed2k-link-generator and drop those files in the ed2k dump
i could instead copy those links that match my files from a certain website(just with one drag and click of a mouse), and solve 90%-100% of the manually-selecting-each-file-problem ^_^
i deserve the baka of the month award for not remembering this obvious solution dohh

once again, thanks for the help

/me starts to whistle and wonders off to do his list on aniDB ^_^
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Yup that's another way... :-)

As long as you verified them right after the download you should be safe by simply dropping the ed2k links into the ed2k dump.

But please note that you shouldn't drop more than 50 links/files at a time, ed2k dump does not work good with more than that.