Advanced ed2k-dump [DONE somewhat]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Elberet

Advanced ed2k-dump [DONE somewhat]

Post by Elberet »

I would love to have a means, be it a separate submit button or a checkbox, to set the ed2k-dump tool into a special mode where it does not immediately add the files for which I paste the ed2k links to my mylist. Instead, it displays the normal results page and shows a checkbox besides each file that *could* be added to the mylist, and additionally an "ADD" button that then adds the checked files to the mylist.

It would also be nice if the ed2k-dump would report the anime, episode number and group tag of the file as listed in the DB, rather the filename as given in the ed2k link. (After all, I know the filename, but I might not know which anime/ep/group that file actually contains...)
egg

Re: Advanced ed2k-dump

Post by egg »

Elberet wrote:It would also be nice if the ed2k-dump would report the anime, episode number and group tag of the file as listed in the DB, rather the filename as given in the ed2k link. (After all, I know the filename, but I might not know which anime/ep/group that file actually contains...)
I agree with this part. In particular it would be nice if these were links to the anime/ep/group, I often want to go to the anime to start another download or set notification if it is the final episode.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Well, if you know which anime, episode, group and file you've been downloading, that's not much of a problem. It gets tricky if you get some files from a LAN party or a friend's DVD and have no clue if those files have been modified, which group they're from and if they're maybe mislabeled... ;)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: Advanced ed2k-dump

Post by wahaha »

Elberet wrote:It would also be nice if the ed2k-dump would report the anime, episode number and group tag of the file as listed in the DB, rather the filename as given in the ed2k link.
[... two posts later ...]
It gets tricky if you get some files from a LAN party or a friend's DVD and have no clue if those files have been modified, which group they're from and if they're maybe mislabeled... ;)
In that case, it's vital to show both the anidb-filename and the ed2k-filename, isn't it? ;)
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Hmm, that's true. ;) At least if you want to add more then one file at a time...
nich

Post by nich »

<necromancy xmlns=underworld>
Er... Bump?

Did I miss anything? Has this been implemented already and I missed? Or is it in To-Do and I overlooked it?

I'd really like to see something like this. Actually, I just need something similar to ed2kdump which I could just use to check file hashes, instead of adding them to my list, but requesting things twice would be bad, and I guess it'd be nice to have extra features in ed2kdump as well. It's way easier to just paste ed2k links there and then perform actions only in those files, instead of using mylist. (Yes. I'm that lazy. :P )

That until aom gets wine friendly, someone teaches me a way to do what I want or I start coding something similar to aom and linux compatible. :roll: :lol:

</necromancy>
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

nich wrote:Actually, I just need something similar to ed2kdump which I could just use to check file hashes
Almost*-undocumented-functions, part 11:
http://anidb.ath.cx/cgi-bin/animedb.pl? ... ash=<hash>
Redirects to the file-entry or otherwise shows an error.

*) Threads:
Changelog: 0.0.45dev
[REQ] [CGI] Make functions accessible via HTTP-GET [DONE]

But you could aswell use !file <ed2k> with Chii :P
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

That works when you're checking one file, but it's a major PITA to do it that way when you leeched some 26+ episode series from a friend's years old burned CDs... (just for example) ;)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

ed2k dump has now some of these features, see:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13442#13442

BYe!
EXP

PS: please note, this feature request has been handled in less than 12 month :o)
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

exp wrote:PS: please note, this feature request has been handled in less than 12 month :o)
But not completely. :mrgreen:

So...

Since the link to the file info is now in the filename, you could replace the fid-link with two icons: one that takes you to the anime with the appropriate episode expanded, and a second one that takes you to that anime in your mylist.
nich

Post by nich »

I'm happy already. :D :D

Btw, can we get prettier emoticons in this forum (like the ones in AnimeReactor's forum)? This happy guy looks weird. :P (And so does this tongue. :roll: )
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

DonGato

Post by DonGato »