additional official CRC field [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Gambit
AniDB Staff

additional official CRC field [DENIED]

Post by Gambit »

You see it very often, a file which doesn`t have its crc checked (mostly because people are too lazy to check, or just because it was added before we could add crc-values).

So I`m suggesting that we should add a field which says 'official' crc-value, since you don`t always have the file - or can`t hash it to see if it`s the same file - but you do have the official crc from the channel.
So even if you don`t have the file, you can still provide the official crc-value.
Elandal

Re: CRC

Post by Elandal »

Gambit wrote:You see it very often, a file which doesn`t have its crc checked (mostly because people are too lazy to check, or just because it was added before we could add crc-values).

So I`m suggesting that we should add a field which says 'official' crc-value, since you don`t always have the file - or can`t hash it to see if it`s the same file - but you do have the official crc from the channel.
So even if you don`t have the file, you can still provide the official crc-value.
Isn't this pretty much the same as adding a file with just size, CRC, group, version, and no ed2k link?
Of course it'd mean that anyone adding the file with ed2k link would first have to check if the file already exists.. But anyone adding files to the db should check the filelist for the anime before adding, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I'd say just continue adding lame files as usual :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

elandal has a point there.
I don't think we need an additional crc field.

BYe!
EXP
BMan

Post by BMan »

well, but adding a file without ed2k-link is..."lame" :wink:
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

:P

well in that case go grab the official uncorrupted version and generate an ed2k link. or go bug some one on irc to create it @ ed2k hash. }:o)

BYe!
EXP