[CGI] DB access error when submitting creq [NOBUG]

Post by amk__ »

When trying to submit a creq for fid 10965 the following error was generated:
ERROR

ERROR: DB ERROR - ACCESS DENIED
no changes were made

V 0.0.64dev - 14.10.2003, (C) 2003 by EXP, all rights reserved
design by akujiN
The bug can be reliably reproduced (at least by me) by leaving all the fields in the creq form as they are (ie. leaving the old data in) and writing something in the "Note to reviewing AniDB mod" text box.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

It's a feauture, not a bug. A CREQ that doesn't request any changes doesn't make any sense, does it? ;) If you want to request something that doesn't fit into the normal CREQ scheme, post it in the appropriate forum. :)
amk__

Post by amk__ »

It does qualify as a 'random unexpected feature' though :) Or at least as an unexpected feature.

Anyhoo, I did post the creq in the appropriate forum after trying the creq fucking twice, and as IE forgets form data rather zealously I got to rewrite the creq a few times.

Allowing creqs in which nothing is actually changed does make sense in some special cases, such as when the file is an duplicate entry with a broken ed2k hash. It would seem much cleaner to use the built-in AniDB feature for reporting things like that, instead of having to use the forum.
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

well using the creq feature to report dupe files won't do any good since the mods can't just click the GRANT button to have it done!
they still have to move the files manualy... that's why the forum is better for these situations...

also, by using the forums, the mods can have a second advice on some cases...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It does qualify as a 'random unexpected feature' though Or at least as an unexpected feature.
Actually it's designed to be like this, ie it is not a bug, surprised me a bit too but EXP has his reasons.