[CGI] minor mylist quirks [trackered]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Elberet

[CGI] minor mylist quirks [trackered]

Post by Elberet »

In certain cases the expand=X parameter is not reset when it should. For example, when removing all files of an anime by clicking all the files' checkboxes (I know, doing that is a stupid thing) or browsing to a different page with the jump-to letters or using one of the hide/show filters that would hide the expanded anime from view.

In short, when the user does something that makes the expanded anime not show up in the display, the expand= should be reset or ignored.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

does this actually cause any problem?

BYe!
EXP
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Well, yes. :) If an anime is expanded but doesn't appear, there's no control button to un-expand it and the checkboxes for animes as well as the dropdown control at the bottom of the page are gone. It's a minor disruption in the user interface, so nothing important - but I thought I'd report it nevertheless. :P
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

this would be a real bother to implement, so it's postponed for now :P

BYe!
EXP
egg

Post by egg »

I recently came across this bug and was puzzled by it.

What happened was I had an anime expanded, then I clicked the next button. Then I tried to click on the check-boxes to update another anime, but I couldn't find the check boxes. I tried to refresh thinking it was a loading problem, but that didn't help.

I would propose that clicking on any of the filters, the letters or prev/next would reset the expand=xxx setting.

This would still leave the challenge of the user making a change to the anime that makes it filtered out (i.e. marking all as read if hide viewed is on) or deleting all the episodes. But this is a rarer case and the user would probably realize that they caused the anime to disappear by their actions.