[FIX] ShowAnime CSS for Image

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

AdemoS

[FIX] ShowAnime CSS for Image

Post by AdemoS »

I can't remember where I read it, but someone (deridiot I think) said that rar was aware that ShowAnime Images were screwed up on Firefox, and he believed that Adblock extension was screwing it up.

Well recently, even with AdBlock disabled, I ran across the same error...

This is more 'input' then a "change request", but since it's DB-related, I thought it might fit in this section.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

it's not actualy addblock related, like you have found out, even if you don't have addblock you can get that, hmm, issue.
I'm guessing it's a quirk in firefox's rendering engine that ocasionaly borks the page.
Amour

Post by Amour »

It's just a DIV that was renamed with AniDB 1.34. See the fix I already posted yesterday for IE7 users:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30439#30439

Somewhere, you have to change:
#layout-content div.anime_info div.image
To:
#layout-content div.info div.image
AdemoS

Post by AdemoS »

Amour wrote:It's just a DIV that was renamed with AniDB 1.34. See the fix I already posted yesterday for IE7 users:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30439#30439
Oh so that will fix things with Firefox users? I'll keep it in mind.
Amour wrote: Somewhere, you have to change:
#layout-content div.anime_info div.image
To:
#layout-content div.info div.image
o_O eXP wasn't kidding when he said you you have your own system, but as long as it works. xD

Good luck guys.

Oh and fahrenheit, glad to hear you're back man, someone told you me you had given up on the Javascript re-working, but it's good to see you've returned.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

AdemoS wrote:Oh and fahrenheit, glad to hear you're back man, someone told you me you had given up on the Javascript re-working, but it's good to see you've returned.
yeah, i'm back with a vengence too, the javascript is progressing real nicely, can't show a preview now, but it's, hmm..., maybe 75% done, only missing support for expand=all :P
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

fahrenheit wrote:yeah, i'm back with a vengence too, the javascript is progressing real nicely, can't show a preview now, but it's, hmm..., maybe 75% done, only missing support for expand=all :P
Just all be ready to beat rar and pelican into a bloody pulp if they chase him away again!
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

As every page we're generating at the moment has an unclosed <head> chasing him away again might not be such a bad thing. Bad fahry!

On the css front, there are at least three different issues here, adblock can cause one, the long-standing initial-render firefox bug can cause another, and sometimes people change the perl without testing to see if it still frekin' works. Last one can't really count as a bug, it's just idiocy.

Rar
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Rar wrote:As every page we're generating at the moment has an unclosed <head> chasing him away again might not be such a bad thing. Bad fahry!

On the css front, there are at least three different issues here, adblock can cause one, the long-standing initial-render firefox bug can cause another, and sometimes people change the perl without testing to see if it still frekin' works. Last one can't really count as a bug, it's just idiocy.

Rar
yeah, yeah i know allready
AdemoS

Post by AdemoS »

*chuckles*

*AdemoS is reminded of that famous saying about a duck looking peaceful on the surface, but peddling like mad under the water*

.....all strange analogies aside though, it's great to see work is progressing nicely on the JS-side. Interesting to find out WHY Fahrenheit was chased away, but in all the groups I've been in, I've found that you need the work horse AND the anal-retentive guy working together, otherwise nothing gets done.

And while I apologize for my bluntness, I meant no offense by saying that. I just couldn't resist, being exposed to the inner-working of ANIDB Development. :lol:

Good luck with fixing the errors guys, if I get some time this summer, I'll try to throw a nice CSS template at you, seeing as most of the current ones are fairly similar.