Transitional issues with big update

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Rar
AniDB Staff

Transitional issues with big update

Post by Rar »

Issues to be fixed from recent changes (suprisingly few encoding-switch related):

Some 'hentai' titles are not hidden due to not having had their categories set properly
- To fix: Add 18 Restricted cat to all titles currently missing it where needed - Note, you can do this yourself people, as long as you're logged in

No escaping for animelist search terms, leading to broken markup and links (this was already an issue, but is worse now quote marks are useful)
- To fix: Short term, hack in escaping, long term, rewrite page with less fragile tools Done

Single hit forwarding is broken when there are multiple titles for the same target
- To fix: Stick a while loop round the get-next-row that breaks if the aid changes Done

Popup for agcmts from the anime page has the nav stuff in it
- To fix: Changed, needs checking out onto live website Done

Several pages have reduced presentational markup and no pretty layout css yet: agcmts, addaproducer, addseq, addanimetitle addgroup.addparent, more?

The "hide producers i have" addition might be too heavy compared to its actual utility to be worth keeping
- improved, i think it's ok now (epox)

Newly refered to tempvote page doesn't actually exist yet (though egg has written it).

Stats need to return to mydbentries pages, also some other things to do with that.

Rar
Last edited by Rar on Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gemberkoek

Post by Gemberkoek »

Can i help? Even though i'm skilled in php, and much less in perl, i'd love to try...
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

PHP points at image sig stuff (which you've already discovered in another thread), but if you find any other new issues, shout.

Rar
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

To clarify, this is just an announcement of known issues, not a call for assistance.
Gemberkoek

Post by Gemberkoek »

lol sorry - to clarify my pov: i didn't see it as such either, i was just wondering if...
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

I doubt exp would be keen on opening the core source to more programmers right now, although you could always ask. We do have things vaguely under control, it's just that someone forgot to try testing these things and noting the issues before the update...
worf

Post by worf »

[18:23:00] <worf> btw ... there are a couple more bugs in the agcmts part of anidb if noone noticed yet
[18:23:22] <DerIdiot> what bugs?
[18:23:38] <worf> well, you cant post agcmts at all for example
[18:24:07] <worf> and when you try to submit one the page reloads with the navigation again, even though it shouldnt be there