Animelist bug [NO-BUG]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

MaHuJa

Animelist bug [NO-BUG]

Post by MaHuJa » Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:27 am

Went in on the animelist.

Default, it showed (in the top index) (boldface shows where I am at that point)

Jump to | 0-a | a | b | c | etc

A is covered twice. Clicking on A gets the expected results. 0-9 | a | b etc
B however...

Jump to | 0-9 | a | b-c | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z hide synonyms

same happens with c which turns into c-d

Moreover, the list shows beneath that line is only partially matching the part on the top line. b-c showed both "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon" and "Chobits", but not "Cowboy Bebop" visible only after clicking on c (which turns into c-d)

Hope I made sense...

exp
Site Admin

Post by exp » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:06 pm

this is not a bug.
it's a feature :P

The AniDB tries to always match the number of entries per page you selected in your profile settings.
If you select a character which has less entries than your requested entries per page the AniDB will add some entries from the following char too.
This is indicated in the jump bar by a range:
i.e.
clicking b becomes not _b_ but _b-c_ if b has to few entries.

same goes for chars appearing twice.
the AniDB will always show ALL files for the char u selected, if there are more entries than u selected as max entries per page your max entries value is overruled and all entries are displayed never the less.
however in the case above (_b_ -> _b-c_) it is likely to happen that b and c together have more entries than your max entries count in that case only part of the c entries is displayed, that fact is shown in the jump bar by displaying the char twice (saying "note: there are still more entries for that last char available").

i hope that cleared things up a bit

BYe!
EXP