New language/relation system - Report all bugs here!

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

worf

Post by worf »

nwa wrote:
worf wrote:When editing a file using the edit page only the streams with the lowest streamNO (streamNO 1) can be edited. I suggest dropping the way to edit streams using the file edit page altogether. Just use this way to add the first basic streams when adding the file to anidb.
I'd even remove it when adding a new file.
I'd leave it there for adding new files. Its less trouble to add everything at once then adding the streams one by one afterwards.
nwa wrote:
worf wrote:subtitle streams lack an item for "supplementary hard subs (i.e. signs translations)" in the dropdown ...
It doesn't need one, use the 'signs translated' flag
example: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 00&nonav=1
The flags are flags ... setting "hard subs" and using the "signs translated" flag implies that the whole file is hardsubbed...
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

worf wrote:The flags are flags ... setting "hard subs" and using the "signs translated" flag implies that the whole file is hardsubbed...
Nope, the whole file is hardsubbed when there's only 1 sub stream and it's hard (without any flags checked), if there are softsubs then it's obvious the main dialogue isn't hardsubbed, then you use the karaoke/signs flag to mark that these are hardsubbed.

(In case of hard subs you wouldn't use the streamid field and just leave it as it is)
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

hmm, what about using javascript to ensure some basic sanity checks when messing with the files?
worf

Post by worf »

More bugs ...

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... .id=304528
User trying to add a stream to a file he doesnt own ... 'WARNING: unable to locate database entry!' ... Once the creq is granted the warning disappears.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

current status:
file add - currently

I suggest to split the add page into a noobfriendly and a version that allows easily to add all info from 1 screen. so basically split it into 2 versions:

file add - simple
- codecs, bitrate, flags, types all gone
- 2 dubs and 2 subs should be enough for eaverage usage
when the dual buttons are ticked the second stream gets added if not it gets ignored (could also get left out and just let it simply work on "unknown" -> no stream which is possibly better)

normal page:
file add - normal
- dual audio and sub
- stream id for all streams

the edit page would be based on the normal page
Last edited by Der Idiot on Fri May 26, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
permidion

Post by permidion »

Hourra for NoobPanel! \o/
permidion

Post by permidion »

see if you can add some javscript that set field as "DISABLED" if one check the "no audio" or "no sub" checkbox , that would be a GREAT visual aid , a and prevent quite some mismanipulations i think
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

* mylist report fixed
* files of type subtitle not allowed to have audio/video streams
* streamid will be reset to -1 on creq grant if already in use
* first pre-version of TCP API online
permidion

Post by permidion »

since it seems the del option has no effect if one is not the stream owner, why display the del option at all ?

if it is somehow needed to display it, at least add some javascript with a simple alert("function disabled, you are not the owner of the stream")
worf

Post by worf »

some more things ...

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... .id=304694
Says "Res. Width:" twice ... misses "Res. Height:"

and ... subtitle streams in hardsubbed videos shouldnt be allowed to have a streamID. set it to either the streamID of the video or force it to be blank at any time
Last edited by worf on Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricce

Post by ricce »

worf wrote: and ... subtitle streams in hardsubbed videos shouldnt be allowed to have a streamID. set it to either the streamID of the video or force it to be blank at any time
I think it should be the same as the video stream, this will make sence if some1 is adding a file with multiply videostreams. (You must specefie in what videostrem the subtitles are)
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I think sanity checks are in order for file details.
  • - give an error message "The container type selected does not support variable frame rate." if (variable frame rate flag == true && file type == .avi (using 0 frames to make the video vfr counts simply as setting the fps to 120) || .divx (god I hope nobody starts using that format nor divx6 so we wouldn't need to add it) || .ogm).

- give an error message "The given resolution either needs the anamorphic flag or wrong aspect ratio flag checked." if (resolution == 720x480 || 720x464 || 704x480 || 704x464 && anamorphic flag == false && wrong aspect ratio flag == false && file type == .mkv || ...) I only went for the most common mod16 resolutions that are wrong unless they're anamorphic in .mkv unless there are other containers that support resizing, iirc, you can set the AR in .mp4 but can it resize the video accordingly?

- give an error message "md5 hash is NOT an ed2k hash you god damned tard! if (md5 hash == ed2k hash) unless deridiot thinks it's better for users to do this for easier detection later on rather than risk with user adding completely bogus ed2k links.

- give an error message "4xCRC hash is NOT an ed2k hash you tard! your nick along with your IP has been recorded along with this malicious intent, you WILL be banned and reported to the FBI" if (ed2k hash = 'crc hash'+'crc hash'+'crc hash'+'crc hash') I think we had this kind of a situation before... unless deridiot thinks it's better for users to do this for easier detection later on (or is it easier, can you do this kind of sql query?) rather than risk with user adding completely bogus ed2k links.

- give an error message "Hardsubs do NOT have a streamid." if (hardsub flag = checked && Stream ID != -1) I'd prefer it having no id instead of having the video stream id, since well, but I guess we can have it have the same id as the video stream, too. Or... do what worf said and simply convert any given id to -1, but I think the user adding it should know about it.

- give an error message "The same stream id can't be used more than once. if (stream id 0+n = a && stream id 1+n == a) Of course, there should be an exception if it's decided for hardsub and video stream to have the same stream id.

- give an error message "The given video bitrate is wrong for given size and length, use appropriate bitrate calculaters, do NOT get the bitrates from windows xp's file properties." Which values to use for checking, this is the question, but going by the fact, that the audio bitrate is most of the time given correct even in xp's properties, we could go by the formula (vbitrate+abitrate)/8*1000*length = size so we could check the bitrate ourselves with ... uh... um... ^^;;;; vbitrate = (125*length)/size - abitrate ? I suck at math, anway, I realize avdump does it already and so will AOM 0.6 ... but we may need to wait with that some time. Or we can do some simpler check like if file size is 100+ mb and length is 10+ minutes then the bitrate must be bigger than 200 kbps.

- give an error message "Only 1 hard subtitle stream per video stream." if video stream nr. count = 1 && hard flag count > 1 If the entire video is hardsubbed, then it only needs 1 sub stream. If the dialogue is softsubbed and karaoke or signs or both are hardsubbed, then it only needs 1 sub stream with either the karaoke or signs or both flags checked.
Last edited by nwa on Tue May 02, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ricce

Post by ricce »

What to do when there is multiply languages in the same stream?

This is for example (karaoke) lyrics with often are in both English and Japanese.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

there are no multiple languages in 1 stream

If the file has karaoke, then it definitely has it in romaji and often with kanji with the english translation, if it wasn't, there wouldn't be any karaoke unless the song is in english. That's simply covered by the karaoke flag, no need to add the japanese language to it-
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

myself wrote:- give an error message "The given resolution needs to have the wrong aspect ratio flag checked." if (resolution == 720x480 || 720x464 || 704x480 || 704x464 && wrong aspect ratio flag == false && file type == .avi || ...) I don't really know what other containers besides .mkv allow resizing...
scrap that, there are ways to still have a .avi file display the correct picture, like adding black bars on top and bottom/on the edges, so while the pixel resolution is even displayed as 720x480, the actual content is 16:9 or 4:3 or whatever. As checked by deridiot for a 720x480 avi file he had.