New language/relation system - Report all bugs here!

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Nalim27

Post by Nalim27 »

New bug (probably known): Amine episode file list don't show information from streams. For example http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... #eid_11665
for fid=226661
ricce

Post by ricce »

I can change streams I have added...

1 -> I add a stream (CREQ)
2 -> The CREQ is granted
3 -> I can change the stream without future CREQ's
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

ricce wrote:I can change streams I have added...

1 -> I add a stream (CREQ)
2 -> The CREQ is granted
3 -> I can change the stream without future CREQ's
thats intentional.

streams are seperate entities from the files hence every stream has a different owner.

you can add streams for files you own
you can add streams for files you don't own via creq
you can edit streams you own until someone creqs that stream besides yourself. after that you have to creq it.
you can edit streams you don't own via creq
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

Der Idiot wrote:thats intentional.

streams are seperate entities from the files hence every stream has a different owner.
"Intentional" it may be, but it's also bizarre.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

maybe, but imho the way the current system is build it makes sense.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It was probably less work and I think that system will work fine once people get used to it.
Azaghal

Post by Azaghal »

Shinnew wrote:Don't know if this is related, but I'm not receiving notifications anymore.

EDIT: For some reason I just got one, no idea why I got this one and not the others...
Same here...

From My Place Notifies history:

24.4. - 30 notifies
25.4. - 31 notifies
26.4. - 32 notifies
27.4. - 7 notifies
28.4. - 1 notify so far (and it's 8 PM as I type this)
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

You probably won't receive any notifies of file creqs atm, but only anime and episode related changes.
But I'd need to have Baka confirm it before I'd write it to stone :P
Azaghal

Post by Azaghal »

I thought so too, but I just got 4 new notifies of which :

1 was for a raw for a so far fileless episode
1 was for a first subbed file of an episode which only had raws (but then a second subbed file from another group appeared without a notify)
2 were for new files added to episodes I already had subbed by other groups on mylist

A really weird mix. All animes had notify(all).
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

the real question is more did you really not receive all notifys OR do you just think you did not get all

edit...
fyi i did get all my notifies just fine today (i think at least)
Azaghal

Post by Azaghal »

I think the problem is fixed, I'm getting a lot of notifies again. It'll take at least 24 hours to be sure, though.

I'm quite sure I didn't get them all. Not just that my history shows a drastic decrease in number of notifies, but I also checked baka-updated and I'm sure there were files released (and added to AniDB) that I wasn't notified of.

Maybe I did receive notifies, but they got automatically acknowledged and cleared...
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

A lot of fixes have been applied today.
I am not aware of any notify related problems.

BYe!
EXP
worf

Post by worf »

subtitle streams lack an item for "supplementary hard subs (i.e. signs translations)" in the dropdown ...

the type dropdown on the file add page lacks an entry for "audio file" .. i know of at least one .ac3 file in the database ... and groups are releasing more and more external audio tracks.

when you set the file type to "other" only the subtitle stream is displayed on the details page. yet you can add a video and audio stream. same goes for file type "subtitle file". maybe not giving an option to add those streams when the file type doesnt allow them would be a wise idea

UPDATE

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... .id=304493
- Creq table shows the field "Quality" even though it cant be changed
- Creq should at least show the fileid ... how else am i supposed to know what file was changed?

StreamIDs are not addable through the file add page.

When editing a file using the edit page only the streams with the lowest streamNO (streamNO 1) can be edited. I suggest dropping the way to edit streams using the file edit page altogether. Just use this way to add the first basic streams when adding the file to anidb.

UPDATE 2

When you submit a creq for changing the streamID of a stream from lets say -1 (none) to 5 and while you the creq is pending you add a new stream with streamID 5 you get two streams with streamID 5 after the creq was granted

good idea to limit the file list on the anime page to only 2 audio and two subtitle streams ... but maybe it would be a good idea to add a "flag" to indicate that there are more streams ...

also the streams displayed on the anime page are based on the streamNO. using the streamID when available would make much more sense. (if i add two video streams with streamNO 1 "unknown res" and no streamID ... and streamNO 2 "640x480" with streamID 1 the anime page will display "unknown" for res ...)

and how about a "default track" flag for the streams?

UPDATE 3

when someone edits a stream i added i have to submit creqs if i want to change that stream. so far so good. but i dont get a creq comment field as i get for streams other ppl added.

someone adding streams to a file doesnt take away the ownership of the file from me
Last edited by worf on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

worf wrote:When editing a file using the edit page only the streams with the lowest streamNO (streamNO 1) can be edited. I suggest dropping the way to edit streams using the file edit page altogether. Just use this way to add the first basic streams when adding the file to anidb.
I'd even remove it when adding a new file.
worf wrote:subtitle streams lack an item for "supplementary hard subs (i.e. signs translations)" in the dropdown ...
It doesn't need one, use the 'signs translated' flag
example: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... 00&nonav=1
worf wrote:- Creq table shows the field "Quality" even though it cant be changed
heh, a corpse from the initial system
Last edited by nwa on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricce

Post by ricce »

Maybe it's a good idea to use "related id" for stream -> file, as it is done for animetitle -> anime