language option [Fixed]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Simboul

language option [Fixed]

Post by Simboul »

In the language preference (in the profile) I try to put my preference to official title (english), but it didn't work. Each time I click on change lang option, it go back to official title (Japanese,Romaji).

Thanks
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

it works it's just the interface that shows the current option wrong
Simboul

Post by Simboul »

Thanks

I retry it and it work

Sorry for the trouble
Darth Arrow

Post by Darth Arrow »

Am I just being a dumbass or what, because when I try to change the language setting to English as default, it seems to do it only for my list.

Should it work this way? Because I have watched a lot of anime before I knew AniDB and also I haven't bothered to add them untill recently. I'd now liked to add to my list, but I can't remeber all names in Japanese/romanji but when I search through the anime list it still shows the names in romanji and I don't recognize a lot of names... :(
ricce

Post by ricce »

The Languange settings shuld not affect the search at all, you can serch on both english and japanese what ever language settings you have. English titles are listed as synonymes with itelic font and a link with the romaji name.

Post by Guest »

So there's no way I can view the anime list with English names of the series only? It's even harder to find anything if I let it display the synonyms, beacause then it displays everything, like in Russian and all alternative names etc...
Darth Arrow

Post by Darth Arrow »

That guest post is mine, I forgot to log in before posting. :oops: :wink:
suppy

Post by suppy »

I remember being annoyed by this in the beginning too - but you learn quite quickly the romaji names of the shows - and now I think it's unnatural to say twelve kingdoms instead of juuni kokuki, fullmetal alchemist instead of hagane no renkinjutsushi, and so on ...
Darth Arrow

Post by Darth Arrow »

suppy wrote:I remember being annoyed by this in the beginning too - but you learn quite quickly the romaji names of the shows - and now I think it's unnatural to say twelve kingdoms instead of juuni kokuki, fullmetal alchemist instead of hagane no renkinjutsushi, and so on ...
Yes, I know that. For example I allways talk about "Shakugan no Shana" never "Shana of the Burning Eyes". The thing why I would like to have the option to see only English tittles is that I'd like to add anime's I've watched previosly to mylist but, let's say a year back when I wasn't an "experienced" anime-wathcer, I didin't use the romanji names, so now when I search them from animelist, I don't recognize them... :(

Thanks anyway