Anime refuses to be deleted from mylist [OLD BUG]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

sam0t

Anime refuses to be deleted from mylist [OLD BUG]

Post by sam0t »

First of all I would like to than AnimeDB creators for wonderful work.

Iam pretty new with this, but I have the basics learned. Today I found one bug in AnimeDB and first thought it was Anime o matics fault. I added a anime to my list and then removed it. Anime o matic reported that somekinda error number 510 has happened and that the title cannot be removed. I went to mylist from web and tryed to delete the anime from there without luck.

After this I reinstalled anime o matic and finally the anime was gone from mylist, but to my dissapointment it could be still found from the web mylist. This is a small matter, but would hate to see more and more deleted animes to occupy mylist. Can anything be doned to fix this issue?

My animeDB username is alarmer and the anime that refuses to be deleted is Stratosphera no Yousei.

edit:

Ok there seems to be other people who had the same kinda problem. I understanded that this issue should correct itself on next AnimeDB update which occurs on mondays?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

yep,

it's a known bug, should fix itself on each anidb update (happening 3 times a week).
someday I really have to take some time and try to hunt this random feature down.

BYe!
EXP
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

monday, wednesday and friday.

in same cases it doesn't fix itself after the first, but the second time. aynway in 99% of the cases it fixes itself had that problem myself 2,3 times so far and always worked out after some time.
sam0t

Post by sam0t »

Der Idiot wrote:monday, wednesday and friday.

in same cases it doesn't fix itself after the first, but the second time. aynway in 99% of the cases it fixes itself had that problem myself 2,3 times so far and always worked out after some time.
Thanks for the info!

I´ll wait a while and come back to tell you if the problem doesn´t correct itself on its own.
Kalle85

Post by Kalle85 »

I´ve got the same kind of Problem. I was adding all 29 Street Fighter V Eps to MyList and it did work. But then it showed 37/29 Eps?! What?! So i have deleted the whole Anime, but it still shows 8/29 are in MyList. What the Hell?! I can´t get this Anime out ouf MyList. :cry:

My Username is: Taro
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

After the maintenance it will be fixed. Just wait a few days.
ellimist

Post by ellimist »

It fixes mylist in anidb but the entry in my AOM still refuses to be deleted,anyone got a way round this?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Delete all files in the kowai folder except the local_* ones to clear your cache, it should update properly then.
ellimist

Post by ellimist »

Ah that was what I was doin,was just wonderin if there was another way,didn't like redlin the stuff and waitin for the parse dump thingie.Anyways,thanks for the reply. =)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

ellimist wrote:Ah that was what I was doin,was just wonderin if there was another way,didn't like redlin the stuff and waitin for the parse dump thingie.Anyways,thanks for the reply. =)
The bug is actually that aom doesn't do that automatically. Aka, you wouldn't get away from it anyway.