Search for anime titles is now broken [DONE]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

WillTRiker

Search for anime titles is now broken [DONE]

Post by WillTRiker »

Just noticed that the search for Groups and Uses is working if you go to the respective pages .... anime however just reloads the main page.
m00n

Post by m00n »

I have this issue too :(
Nightblade

Post by Nightblade »

i cant use search either. it always shows the main page. it's very troublesome
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Probably just a miss when they tried to fix group/user searching.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Just so people are clear over the hierarchy here and know who to shout at as we break each bit:
exp is (sensibly) the only guy who can change the perl, which is what generates the html, when the markup is broken we need exp in order to fix it
I can change the css and javascript, and the changes to the html are based on my designs - when there's a display or design problem, it's my fault
PetriW (will be) in charge of the non-trivial javascript and anime/mylist page rewrites, and brown2 is his design, so if I break it he's in charge of shouting at me to fix it

Anyway, the search problems are my fault (because I forgot about the content of the search form changing on the different *list pages), but it appears that in trying to fix meh mistake exp has borked the show parameter completely, we need to wait for him to resurface to fixor it.

Rar
w00ter

Post by w00ter »

good job? hehe 8O
ch0pss

^^

Post by ch0pss »

Thanks for the update, Rar. It's always good to know that something is going on at least. =) Until the problem is fixed, us users can still physically add "animelist" right after "animedb.pl?show=" on the broken link. It works like a charm then.

Best of luck to all of you in the site repairs, and thank you all for providing such a magnificent site for us anime lovers.
lightningfast35

Post by lightningfast35 »

Yup I have the same problem also. AniDB is only improving thanks to your dedication. :D