remove extra space from having effect in searches. [NOBUG]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

remove extra space from having effect in searches. [NOBUG]

Post by Guest »

If i try to search for "Azumanga Daio " it will not find anything, but if I remove the trailing space, it will work fine...

I'd like to request that somehow the search code remove extra spaces from the ends of search queries (since I'm sure im not the only one that cuts and pastes hard-to-spell anime names... except it copies a trailing space sometimes)
kidan

Post by kidan »

This was requested quite a few times, but as this is a feature used by quite a few people (including exp) your chances of getting your proposal done are about zero.

Post by Guest »

Mind explaining how that could be considered a feature?

Post by Guest »

when i did a search on this, people kept on mentioning "word boundaries."

trimming a single space from the end can't possibly have any effect on spaces between the queries...

anyone want to explain exactly what word boundaries (with a specific example if you can)
kidan

Post by kidan »

Think about searching for "ultima" and not "ultimate", then you can enter "ultima " as a query.

Post by Guest »

... im fairly sure ultimate doesnt show up when i type ultima in google searches.

andb has bad search engine code then?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Short answer: yeah. Compared to the multibillion dollar company that google ith, anidb search sucking fucks. This doesn't mean we couldn't bug exp for specific improvements though (like working search in japanese ;_;)

Rar