gratuitous target="_blank"s [CLOSED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

hhaamu

gratuitous target="_blank"s [CLOSED]

Post by hhaamu »

I'm sort of fed up with those, with every other link in anidb opening a new browser window (or rather, a new tab as I've told my browser to do). How about reducing those? I'd assume any link which doesn't have the nonav=1 attribute set should have its target attribute axed. Hell, I'd like to see the nonav attribute axed off the links, too. I don't see any reason why it's necessary to omit the chrome.

The obvious one that stands out the most is the forum link in the navbar. Every other navbar link is normal. The mylist links in anime pages open one, too. How about giving power back to the user to control how the links open, instead of forcing them to use the way EXP coded them on a whim? Or to install a browser extension just to block those things?
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Greasemonkey, heh.

BTW, what pages you think would be better without nonav?
Z-95

Post by Z-95 »

I would use Greasemonkey if it didnt break the bfcache in the nightlies, which is more important to me. Makes back/forward ULTRA fast :D. I agree that the forum link should have the target blank removed.
hhaamu

Post by hhaamu »

rowaasr13 wrote:BTW, what pages you think would be better without nonav?
In the filelist, the links to file, group and episode pages. In system messages, the "show CREQ" link. Those are the ones I can find currently.

(naturally, with the omission of nonav these should be turned into non-popups, too)