HTML on myplace [CLOSED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

rowaasr13

HTML on myplace [CLOSED]

Post by rowaasr13 »

There are several extra closing tags and incorrectly nested tags, that should be removed or fixed.

Files in recently added list:
<a href="animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=171">Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star</a> - <a href="animedb.pl?show=ep&eid=1673">1</a>
(<a href="animedb.pl?show=file&fid=127058">127058</a>)</a>

Search form:
</form> from <td colspan=2 align="center"><input type="image" name="do.search" src="http://www.anidb.net/pics/button_search.gif" width="63" height="14"></form></td> line should be moved outside <td> to restore correct nesting.
hhaamu

Post by hhaamu »

I was wading through anidb's html code one time and I was amazed that a browser could even render the soup. I doubt a few extra closing tags can hurt that much. I'd much more like to see one of those real xhtml/css conversions (1, 2, probably others) for the site's code.

While we're on the subject, I find a couple of visual flaws in the site:

1. The items in the navigation bar have a bit too much vertical spacing on my linux box, going over their designated area: windows linux
I don't know what's the issue here, since I have the exact same fonts installed on both OSes, nor could I squish it with CSS. Does anyone else have a similar effect?

2. Anime Hint. The select+genre boxes in the filter options take too much horisontal space, and create an unneeded scroll bar (my browser window's about 1024x768 pixels). Anyway, the following CSS fixes it for me:

Code: Select all

span#Filter select,ol { max-width: 140px; }
Are others having the same problem, and if yes, could this bit of CSS be added to the site's code?

3. The background picture. It probably looks horrible on really large screens (1600+). The Correct Way (tm) is to do it with CSS, and remove the corresponding html declarations from the body tag:

Code: Select all

body { background: #BFC2C9 url(http://www.anidb.net/pics/back.gif) repeat-y; }
Notice the 'repeat-y'