False Notification [FIXED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

FiveSeven

False Notification [FIXED]

Post by FiveSeven »

I just got notification for Naruto files by [mNf] . Notification is set to group and I don't have files by [mNf] at all.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

can anyone verify this?

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

As I said it happened to me long ago. I received a notification for an anime/group I wasn't following. :P
But never happened again so I couldn't confirm it (it might be I don't have anymore group notifications as I removed most of them). :?
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

The last few days I also got weird notifications but I can not exactly verify this since it usually was for series like One Piece and Naturdo and those had multiple nontifies that day and I was too lazy to open the full tree to find out whether there really was a valid notify for files earlier than the next new one of AonE or Kaizoku Fansubs. I usually browse down the list and if the next file does not have a new file icon then I close the page.

edit: I think for me it was Naruto by mNf too, but I would not bet any money on it.
Last edited by Skywalka on Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

exp wrote:can anyone verify this?

BYe!
EXP
confirmed. got the same norifies for eps 1-8

additinal info:
notification type: group
mylist groups: ANBU-AOne, AonE, ANBU, TW, L-E (no groups for double eps)
can't see a red date for the notified group btw
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

someone should make a tracker entry then.

BYe!
EXP
egg

Post by egg »

exp wrote:someone should make a tracker entry then.
The only case I have seen this before that I can confirm I thought it had to do with generic files and I thought that was already in the tracker... I just looked, I guess not.

OK, it is in the tracker: 0000085: Group Notifications are sent when a different group is added
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I just got a notification for Naruto - no new files for me, and files that were added to Naruto were again from [mNf], and I think it's correct that previously there were no files by that group listed for Naruto and I have generic files in my mylist for Naruto as well. I think it's in connection with Episodes 110 and 116, for which files by [mNf] were added, I have generics for the following EPs 111 and 117.

In my "post notifications" under groups there is a simple "-" in the group column in the line for the Naruto notification.
egg

Post by egg »

Skywalka wrote:In my "post notifications" under groups there is a simple "-" in the group column in the line for the Naruto notification.
In the table it also shows the ep # and file id, so you can tell exactly which file caused the notification. In my case it is ep 68 for a file with no group for the subber.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

If possible also supply the file id of the file you get a false notification for.
egg

Post by egg »

PetriW wrote:If possible also supply the file id of the file you get a false notification for.
I wasn't planning on listing this as part of the report, but in this case it was fid 96216. I didn't think another fid was necessary...

Here is my theory. I think it happens if a user has a generic file or 'no group' file in mylist. It should only happen with the notify set to group. What happens is when a new ep is created (and therefore it's corresponding generic file) or a file is created with no group, the system checks and find that there are other files for that user with 'no group' (which is a match) and triggers the notification.

The question is why did the notification get triggered for Naruto mNf on eps 1-8 (but not any of the other eps added since). I think what might have happened is that these episodes were originally created with 'no group' which triggered the notification, and then the group was changed to mNf, but the notifications still came up.

Just a theory, but it fits the data that I have seen.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Yup you are right, it was 96216
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm, maybe it's fixed now.
not sure though, and untested :P

BYe!
EXP
egg

Post by egg »

exp wrote:hm, maybe it's fixed now.
not sure though, and untested :P
Can a mod please add a generic to Naruto (any ep) so we can test the notifications?
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

added one to the first ep