remove the icon you have not voted in my list [FIXED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Raptor

remove the icon you have not voted in my list [FIXED]

Post by Raptor »

there is a nice feature in my anime list that tells make a little icon appear in front of every anime that doesnt have a permanent vote. wich is quite useful for rating as many anime as possible.

The problem is that many anime don't and will never have and air date so what happen is that the anime list quickly get cluttered with these icons making them lose their usefulness as i can no longer know if i have not voted for an anime or if i simply cant vote for this anime.

So there are 2 solutions to this:

1- remove these icons as they no longer have any meaning.
2- make that these icons only appears for anime that dont have a permanent vote and that accept a permanent vote.

Of course there would also be the solution of making some anime that are clearly finished and for wich a precise release date is either impossible or really hard to find and allow permanent voting on them.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I do think the "missing permanent vote" icon should be kept but you should report the bug of being shown when you can't vote to tracker. Never seen it myself but I believe in your words. :P
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

i think it should be kept too but i didnt thought it was a bug simply something that didnt cross exp mind hen he made condidtions for permanent voting.

If its a bug ill report it.
Elias

Post by Elias »

The 3rd solution would be the best IMHO:
Allow permament voting for animes which ended long ago, but noone knows (or its impossible to find on net this date) exact finishing date.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Indefi... I should tracker it I guess.

Rar
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Raptor wrote:i think it should be kept too but i didnt thought it was a bug simply something that didnt cross exp mind hen he made condidtions for permanent voting.

If its a bug ill report it.
That's one of the definitions of bugs. Things you forgot to think during development, and so they make the app work not as supposed to be. :P
egg

Post by egg »

Well there are two proposed solutions to this issue:
Indefinate dates and
How to determine if an anime has started/finished for voting
We should hash out some sort of consensus, put it in the tracker and bug exp...
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

i added this bug to the tracker:
http://www.anidb.net/tracker/view.php?id=89

maybe this thread should be moved to the bug thread as previously suggested.