No notification for generic files [FIXED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

FiveSeven

No notification for generic files [FIXED]

Post by FiveSeven »

In some series with double episodes I have to use generic files. But when I have generic files in mylist, notification will popup everytime new generic file is added for that anime (notification is set to group).
I'd rather not recieve notifications for generic files. IMO it shouldn't be totally removed but there should be an option in the profile, as some users might want to know when generic file is added.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I don't think we need notifications as one day (maybe during our lifetime) they will be added to all series.
FiveSeven

Post by FiveSeven »

DonGato wrote:I don't think we need notifications as one day (maybe during our lifetime) they will be added to all series.
Even if they will be added to all series, there are still series like prince of tennis or naruto, for which new episode will be added weekly and so will generic file. And generic file will trigger notification popup..
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

As I said it will be in every episode added to the DB so why notifications?
FiveSeven

Post by FiveSeven »

Because there are some people who add generic files only and they'd probably want to have notification for new entry.
egg

Post by egg »

The system is currently sending out notifications every time a new episode is added to an anime where you have a generic file and you have the notification type set to group!!!

This should not happen, in particular if the generic file was used as a filler ep.

The question that FiveSeven raised is, Should generic files (i.e. new episodes) trigger notifications by user preference, or should it be turned off completely?

I agree with DonGato, only real files should be able to trigger any kind of notification. Notifications are useful to know when files are available. If a user is using only generic files, they are probably watching the anime on TV or something, so they know when it is available. If they want to put it in mylist right away they just have to go to the anime and:
* If the episode is already added, it already has a generic and they can go ahead and do what they want.
* It the episode is not there, they can add it and it will add the generic and they can do what they want.

Since they can always create the episode (and generic) if it is not there notification really are not that useful.
exp
Site Admin

Re: No notification for generic files

Post by exp »

FiveSeven wrote:In some series with double episodes I have to use generic files. But when I have generic files in mylist, notification will popup everytime new generic file is added for that anime (notification is set to group).
that's a bug. feel free to create a tracker entry.

BYe!
EXP
egg

Post by egg »