Problem with the Webside [FIXED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

swtrse

Problem with the Webside [FIXED]

Post by swtrse »

Hi,

I got en interresting problem with Opera and IE, it's alwas the same.

While I'm not logged in i can navigate throught the site normaly. After typing in user and passwort the only page that is displayed is the news page, i can klick on any link, all I get is the news page.

Does anyone else have these problem?
swtrse
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: Problem with the Webside

Post by wahaha »

swtrse wrote:i can klick on any link, all I get is the news page.
Even when clicking on "animelist", "genres" or "help / howto"?
Tolarian

Post by Tolarian »

same problem here with IE and Firefox

"animelist" "genres" and "help / howto" don't work either
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Works for me with Firefox.
You don't use something like Norton Internet Security's or ZoneAlarm's privacy filter, do you?

Post by Guest »

Nope only use my linuxfirewall, but that works since 2 Years.

Maybe you tried only klicking but fist you have to try to login. After that try you only get the news at each link.

Post by Guest »

I have tryed ist with firefox too from 3 different PCs
1 @Home
1 @work
and 1 @a Firend

alsways the same after trying to login the only site you will get is the news
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Since I forgot to mention the most probable cause so far: Did you allow cookies for anidb.ath.cx in your browsers?

Post by Guest »

definitely yes
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Ok, I assume you know how to access your cookies, so I'll skip the explanation:
Could you please first remove all cookies from anidb.ath.cx, then login and then check which cookies have been created? (it should contain at least adbsessuser and adbsess)

Also, does it make a difference whether you enable "auto-login"? Does it properly create the cookies-values for abdautouser and adbautopass?

Re: same

Post by Guest »

i'm having the same issue with the login;

both abdsessuser, abdautouser, abdsess, and abdautopass are all stored yet i hit only the news page; nothing leads me anywhere different, but as soon as i clear cookies (logout as it were) i can navigate the site just fine.

it seems to me that it's unlikely that this is a clientside issue... perhaps a misconfiguration of apache is to blame?

whatever it is, i hope it's fixed soon cuz i need me some inuyasha :(
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Well, the most important precondition to get the bug fixed is to reproduce it here ^^;

What irritates me a bit is that you can reproduce the problem both with different browsers and, more importantly, on different computers...

So, I'd suggest one more "experiment" to rule out that it's something wrong with your specific account:
try logging in as "blahblahbl"/"blah" (name/pass curtesy of bugmenot -_-;)
Does that account not work either? If so, is it the same when trying it from a different location (possibly without a router and/or proxy inbetween)?
Bartistuta

Post by Bartistuta »

Hello, I have the same problem. When I login with my own account (Bartistuta) I can't navigate trough the site, but when I login with "blahblahbl", everything works fine :?
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Great :) [I a way ^^;]

Then probably all new accounts created after 21.11. are affected. Am I right with the assumption that you created your account on the last weekend? Or did you create it before then but never logged in before this weekend?

Post by Guest »

Nope, I created my account before 21.11 and I had add some anime to my list before 21.11 too.
Hope you can find the solution :)

Post by Guest »

OK I have some detailed informations..

As known if I log in with my account (swtrse) I always get the News site.
The blahblahbl account work fine.

I also noticed some differences. After loggin in with blahblahbl account

the accountname User: blahblahbl is shown where the login and passwortfield was before.
If I try login with my accout the login and passwortfield is shown so it seems like that I am not loggen in correctly. There must be an difference do be "realy" not loggend in because if you realy not logged in you can browse the page.

Look like the is something wrong with the accouts.
My Account is young but definitly older than 21.11.2004
I also hat added some anime to my list before 21.11.
After unable to get the login from the website I downloaded the AOM Tool.
With that tool login an acces the DB is possible.
But adding animes to mylist via the tool doesn't work. Maybe thats an AOM problem but maybe its another site effect of the problem for some accounts that could not login via website.

Hope you can track the bug down. Because the blahblahbl account is working well I belive my System/Cookie-configuration is right ^^.