Bug in anime hint responsible for old inaccuracies? [fixed]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

pelican
AniDB Staff

Bug in anime hint responsible for old inaccuracies? [fixed]

Post by pelican »

While playing around with the anime hint, I discovered that it does not filter certain anime that a user has no votes for (neither permanent nor temporary) when using the `any vote' filtering option. This is particularly obvious in combination with `not in mylist'. (Limiting to permanent votes only or temporary votes only excludes these anime; only the any vote filter will successfully demonstrate the bug.)

This gives me cause to wonder if perhaps the system has always considered users to have voted for certain anime when they have not, corrupting the weighting system and producing bad recommendations.
egg

Post by egg »

I cannot reproduce this problem, and the code looks correct. I set mylist to 'not in mylist', vote to 'any vote' and everything to do not filter and it only showed the one anime that I voted on that is not in mylist. If I changed the mylist filter, I still only got things that I had voted on...

Wait, you're right... :oops:

I just figured it out looking at the code... BTW, the bug also affects the 'No Vote' option in the opposite fashion. Those animes that are incorrectly listed with 'Any Vote' are supposed to be listed in 'No Vote' but are not.

I have reviewed the other filters and they should not be affected in the same way.

BTW, it is just a bug in the filter, the other code is unaffected.
bbaab

Post by bbaab »

On more selecting problem ... Filter settings: voting "any vote", mandatory genre "Martial Arts", everything else is set to "do not filter" or not selected. No changes on the numerical hint options, either.

I voted for two such anime: Ikkitousen (a permanent 5) and Naruto (a temporary 5). As such, both should appear.

Result:

Code: Select all

Place Anime            Score  Votes
1.    Ikkitousen (618)   -49     81
With voting filter set to "temporary vote", it doesn't find anything.

BTW, shouldn't anime hint check my language preferences? I'm used to seeing "一騎当千" there by now ...
egg

Post by egg »

bbaab wrote:On more selecting problem ... Filter settings: voting "any vote", mandatory genre "Martial Arts", everything else is set to "do not filter" or not selected. No changes on the numerical hint options, either.

I voted for two such anime: Ikkitousen (a permanent 5) and Naruto (a temporary 5). As such, both should appear.

Result:

Code: Select all

Place Anime            Score  Votes
1.    Ikkitousen (618)   -49     81
With voting filter set to "temporary vote", it doesn't find anything.
Actually this is correct. Since Naruto is unfinished, only Temporary votes are allowed and Temporary votes are not currently taken into account when recommending Animes. In progress Animes will not show up in the hints regardless of the other settings.
bbaab wrote:BTW, shouldn't anime hint check my language preferences? I'm used to seeing "一騎当千" there by now ...
I don't have the other language titles in my database and I have other things to work on atm. When I get some time I'll bug exp about this.