'Error: Release-date lies in the future' [fixed]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

wahaha
AniDB Staff

'Error: Release-date lies in the future' [fixed]

Post by wahaha »

When adding a file, the above error occurs when the rel-date is set to a day after the server-date. Thanks to the timezone the server is in, this causes the error-msg to appear even when the date is legit.

I'd suggest to add 19 hours to the server-date in the comparison (so that it's in GMT+12, if I didn't get that wrong).
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

I'm getting this error message "ERROR: 11 - aired date lies in the future "
when trying to add the release date 23.12.2004 to this entry
http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl ... 82&nonav=1

I don't quite understand what your saying, the server date is not a day before the rel-date (its nowhere near).
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

There's a difference between (a group's) release-date of a file and the air/release-date of an anime/episode.
The release-dates for files are limited, as it wouldn't make sense to add a file on 01.01.2005 and claim that it "was" released on 03.01.2005. Due to different timezones, though, there is a possibility that a file was indeed released on 02.01. (let's say a french fansub in GMT+1) while the server-time (GMT-7?) is still 01.01. - that's what my post was about.

As for the release-dates of episodes, after Let "air date lies in the future" be more lax, the maximum has been set to 'now + 3 months'. If it needs to be more than that, please post it in that thread ;)