Popup problem [cssfixed... later]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

DonGato

Popup problem [cssfixed... later]

Post by DonGato »

Even having the Notify by Popup disabled in my profile whenever I receive a message I hear a popup being stopped by my popup stopper. So is this function working or was broken recently?

EDIT:
Could this be related? -> http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1410
A user is saying it had problems with the popup preference setting. Maybe I'm having that also (it's unchecked now)?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

the profile option for notification popups is only in effect for future notifications.
that means that an old notification will still trigger a popup window until the popup window has successfully loaded at least once.

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, I had this option enabled since the feature was added to aniDB, so what do you mean by old notification? And it worked until recently.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

my problem was there because of settings in my browser (Mozilla Firebird/Firefox).

After playing around with the popup blocker settings there I was able to get it working again.

I guess what EXP tried to note was that if you still have a popup that has not been properly "popped up" because of a popup blocker setting, then it will still popup untill you let it pop up properly. After that the change in your AniDB settings will prevent further popups.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Ok, will try that.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, tested everything and it doesn't work. Don't know why but this setting is not working in my case.