Prioritize size inside ed2k-link over size given [DONE]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

wahaha
AniDB Staff

Prioritize size inside ed2k-link over size given [DONE]

Post by wahaha »

There are a few examples of wrong file-entries that were caused by having a (manually entered) size-value that was different from the one given in the ed2k-hash-field.

An example of the current behaviour:
Size entry: 11111
"ED2K Link"-entry: ed2k://|file|name|22222|0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef|

-> Resulting entry: ed2k://|file|name|11111|0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef|

(both for newly added files and for edits)

Now, I suppose the desired behaviour would be to alyways use the size given in the ed2k-hash (if present), even if there's a different size given. (Or, alternatively, an error-message could be displayed.)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

While we are at it it would be nice (if not already implemented) if the file size could be derived from the ed2k link. Takes ages to get the filesize right when adding files to the DB. To be able to copy it, I have to right click every in the explorer or have to replace the "," in the filesize information GSpot produces with "." and then copy that. Either way that manual editing takes ages and makes adding anime tedious ...

(considering the amount of tedious work I did in the past this might sound lazy but I thought I could make this easier by pointing out the option to just take over the information that is already available in the ed2k link)

Thx :)
SilverWordz
AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

Skywalka wrote:While we are at it it would be nice (if not already implemented) if the file size could be derived from the ed2k link. Takes ages to get the filesize right when adding files to the DB. To be able to copy it, I have to right click every in the explorer or have to replace the "," in the filesize information GSpot produces with "." and then copy that. Either way that manual editing takes ages and makes adding anime tedious ...

(considering the amount of tedious work I did in the past this might sound lazy but I thought I could make this easier by pointing out the option to just take over the information that is already available in the ed2k link)

Thx :)
Uh, the file size is automatically taken from the ed2k link if you leave the file size entry box blank.... and has been that way since the very begining... it even says next to the entry box "may be left blank if ed2k link is provided".

Or did I misunderstand your request?

I second wahaha's request.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Hmm... then I wonder how I got those errors back then...

I didn't add too many files yet but can destinctively remember getting erros. There was something that wasn't working, but that was half a year ago.

Maybe I entered the filesize nonetheless and as soon as I enter something and not leave it blank that will be checked? I guess that must be the case. Would've been better if I left it out.

I started adding as much information as possibly manually because back when I joined AniDB the CREQ process was a lot different and then I thought it would be better to add as much stuff as possibible manually.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

*changed*
the add file page should now always use the size from an ed2k link if one is present.

BYe!
EXP