Notificaton popup not resetting [NOBUG]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

Notificaton popup not resetting [NOBUG]

Post by Skywalka »

Hi folks,

I am currently at work behind a WebWasher proxy, updating my "seen" info a bit and I am a bit irritated. Last week everything worked fine with the popups but at the moment I have "! 2 notify(s) !", the notification window pops up and tells me that Prince of Tennis has been updated. I then close that window after I looked at the stuff that is new to PoT, but when I continue using AniDB, the notification pops up again, the info still says "! 2 notify(s) !".

I think there might be an anime that does not show up in the list (because of the "2 notify(s)" or something like that.

I tried disabling the popups, the tag is gone in my preferences, I STRG-Reloaded the page but the popup still pops up.

Very strange behaviour. Please help me ^_^ The popups are really annoying.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

can anyone verify this?

BYe!
EXP

Post by Guest »

it must be the proxy. When I came home I used Firefox to load the page and hand no problem loading the notification window with the 2 series that had updates (Full Metal Alchemist and One Piece).

Don't know what the reason was. I'll try more tomorrow at work
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

BTW that "Guest" was me.

Guess the problem is still there, in a different flavour. Both at home and at work I do not get any notifications anymore now. None at all.

R.O.D. TV was updated yesterday and I did not get a notify. I thought it was strange that I did not get a message in over two days so I tried to find out myself via the "latest files" link what got updated.

I will try different browsers the next few days and try to find out whether it really is an AniDB problem or if it is some kind of proxy/browser error.
egg

Post by egg »

Skywalka wrote:Guess the problem is still there, in a different flavour. Both at home and at work I do not get any notifications anymore now. None at all.
I've just started using FireFox the last few days and the notifications are not popping up. They are there, and I can click on them, but they are not popping up. By default it has a built in pop-up blocker turned on, but I did not see any indication that it had blocked anything. I just put in an exclusion for AniDB, so hopefully it will work.

Post by Guest »

Yeah it is kinda strange with FireFox because the way Tabs and Windows are handled together with the Popup Blocker. If you then install additional plugins like a Tab-Addition things get kinda complicated and you cannot really help people with their problems with FireFox because every problem seems to be genuine then.

At the moment I still do not get new notifications but there were no new files - currently I use the workaround "latest files" with the "Filter by notificaton" restriction - works too. Not as well since it also tells me about all files that were added to an anime ("new") not taking the settings I made into account (I mostly use "group"). I guess this is a feature to speed up things.

I will report as soon as I get a notification (or not ;-)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

that was me.

Man this keeps happening to me. I don't notice when I am not logged in. There should be some kind of layout change when you post as a guest, I never notice. :-(
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I think I found the problem - the checkbox for "notification popup" in my profile wasn't saved correctly (maybe because of my browser settings). I tried it again and again up untill I came back to my profile and the checkbox was checked.

I guess everything will be back to normal now.
egg

Post by egg »

Mine also works for FireFox once I put AniDB in the popup block exclusion list.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

so this doesn't seem to be an anidb problem

BYe!
EXP