Double submit [FIXED i guess]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

analogued2

Double submit [FIXED i guess]

Post by analogued2 »

When I try to add a message to an existing CREQ or when I request an edit, it seems that sometimes the message or the modifications are submited twice (even though I press submit or send only once). This bug showed up in the last two days with v 0.0.69dev of Anidb. It's happened to me more than once.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

can anyone verify this?
i can't think of any way to cause this other than submitting the http request twice (-> double click on the submit button, refreshing the result page, some proxy issues maybe?).

BYe!
EXP
analogued

Post by analogued »

Well...

First of all, I'm not connected through any proxy, I have a direct connection to the Internet.
Second, I'm pretty sure I didn't double click on any button. I mean, I never double clicked before, why would I start now.
And third, this only started happening a few days, together with the v0.0.69dev release of AniDB (coincidence or not?).

Maybe I really am doing something wrong (even though I don't think so) but I sure can't tell what it is. :?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well

as i said already the problem could also be caused by reloading the page which is shown once you added something.
maybe you did that?

anidb V 0.0.68dev did only change the creq system.
ATM i don't see how that would affect double posting.
do you have that problem only for creqs? or also for other additions to anidb?

BYe!
EXP
analogued

Post by analogued »

Hmm...

It only happened to me with CREQs, but the last time I tried to add something (an anime) was 06.03 so I can't be too sure about that.

It has happened quite a few times while I was trying to add a follow-up message to an already submitted CREQ. I would press "Send Message" and the message would actually be added twice.

Another time it has happened, was when I tried to request a change to an existing anime. After I made the changes (title, URL, etc.) I pressed "Request Edit" and was told that there was another change request pending. I thought that maybe someone else requested a change, but after going to the DB Change Req Page I realized that person was me. In this case it can't be about reloading a page since the first page I was presented with was the one telling me about a pending edit request; I was never presented with the usual page that tells you your request was submitted.

I haven't been very active in the last few days so I can't tell you if the problem persists. However, I will try adding a few animes and maybe making a few CREQs and adding some follow-up messages to see if this is still happening. I wil keep you posted.
analogued

Post by analogued »

OK... I have managed to reproduce the bug.

Steps (NOTE: The fields in () are the ones I changed):
1) Go here: http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl ... me&aid=446
2) Click "Request Edit"
3) Change the title (e.g. Final Fantasy: Legend Of The Crystals -> Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals)
4) Change other fields: (e.g. Year, Producer, Description, Description)
5) Press "Request Edit"

Results:
ERROR: DB ERROR - unknown db error
There is already an open db change request for this entry.
You can not request any changes until the pending entry has been denied or aproved.

It seems this bug appears when there are modiffications to the title field and also at least another field (except the "Note to the reviewing AniDB Mod"). That's because AniDB separates the CREQs for the Title field and those for the other fields in two separate CREQs.

NOTE: This has never happened to me with V0.0.68dev of AniDB. Also, please note that I haven't been able to reproduce the bugs related to the double submit of follow-up messages in already opened CREQs, yet. However, they have happened to me, and it's more that likely NOT an error on my part since they never even once happened with V0.0.68dev. I will continue trying to reproduce them.

I hope this will help you.
Cheers! :wink:
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Tested it according to analogued's description and it gave me the same error (using firefox 0.8, "test anime" -> "Test Anime" and a test-account).
analogued wrote:It seems this bug appears when there are modiffications to the title field and also at least another field (except the "Note to the reviewing AniDB Mod"). That's because AniDB separates the CREQs for the Title field and those for the other fields in two separate CREQs.
For me, it also gives the error when only changing the title-field - regardless of whether any other field was also edited.
(EDIT: grammar...)
Last edited by wahaha on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analogued

Post by analogued »

Yes... Wahaha seems to be right... It's something related to the Title field... I tried now changing just the title field on the test anime and it gave the same error... I assumed that it was something more complicated since I knew AniDB split the CREQs in two (one for the title and the other one for the rest) so I never bothered trying something as simple as this.