Anime/Group comment shows up more than one place? [FIXED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

azntimm

Anime/Group comment shows up more than one place? [FIXED]

Post by azntimm »

I was writing out my comments for a certain sub group for Naruto, and I had just finished it, and submitted and went to go write another one for another group in the same anime, and when I went to click on the other group the comment I left for the first was underneath it. There was a box for me to a leave a new comment, for the group for which I clicked on, but the old comment didn't have the name of the group explicitly attached to it, so unless someone read further into the comment to notice I was talking about a different review they might confuse it.. Don't know if the final plan is to have all comments shown, regardless of which group's 'comment' link you click, or just the one for the on you clicked, or what. Have yet to leave my second comment, so I'll see what happens then.

And BTW, that was a really quick implementation :) nice job. Other thing.. I'm not quite sure 500 characters is enough.. but I suppose it certainly forces you to reduce noise:signal when you're writing, so I retract that. Still, I had to rewrite 3 times to get it under the limit, and even then wasn't quite sure I got in everything I wanted to say.
azntimm

Post by azntimm »

It would seem adding a second comment just adds the comment on the pile and pops them all up in the same window, and doesn't sort them by group. It's just a bit confusing because each group has it's own comment link, which seems to me to imply that for each different comment link you'd hid, you'd get a different pop-up that has only the comments for that group. If you think the comments are more helpful on a single pop-up, so as to compare them, then maybe the group's name could be prominently displayed in the 'title bar' type area of the comment (that has [del] and username and etc.). I'm still really impressed it was implemented this fast (even if it was in the works, talk about deja vu that I ask about it and then it pops up later that day). I'm sure because it's new it'll be fixed and fleshed out in the days to come, but thought I'd write down my experiences for you anyway.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

this was in deed a bug.
should be fixed now.

BYe!
EXP