Images are overwritten... randomly? [FIXED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

wahaha
AniDB Staff

Images are overwritten... randomly? [FIXED]

Post by wahaha »

I added Hi no Tori some days ago and it has not been edited ever since. It now has the image for Figure 17 though.

Even though I did upload the Figure 17 image, that happened a long time ago already. For Hi no Tori, I of course uploaded a different image...

That may still be an error on my side, but there are similar occurences.

Some days ago, I edited some images of already listed animes (correcting the dimensions and such). One of them was Komugi-chan Magikarte, whose image (uploaded on 20.01.) is now also in Appleseed (2004) - which nobody edited since it was created on 14.01.(!)

Another example is the Hamtaro-picture which is now also in Houkago Mania Club.
Luckily, this time, I'm not involved - but both animes haven't been edited since they were created.(!)

I have no idea what's the logic behind these errors... :?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

now that is strange.
*think*
oww, this is probably a problem which was caused by the server move.
the anidb entries are all ok, but none of the uploaded images which have been uploaded to the temp server have been copied over, so uploading new images atm reuses the same names which were already used once.
so the animes for which old images where added during the temp. server time now point to the images which are added currently.

sorry, but i don't think there's anything i can do to fix this atm.
i fear that those animes will need to be edited manually and their pics need to be reuploaded.
i'll see if i can generate a list of animes which are affected.

BYe!
EXP
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

exp wrote:i fear that those animes will need to be edited manually and their pics need to be reuploaded.
:?

Well then, I had a look at the "latest anime"-list, corrected them partially and otherwise asked the ones who uploaded the images to re-upload it, hoping that they still have it...

Notified users and asked them to reupload the image:
(none left)

Image could be reuploaded:
214: Mezzo Forte
307: Little Monica Story
432: Real Bout High School
795: Level C
897: New Dominion Tank Police
1080: First Kiss Story
1033: Tekkaman Blade
1237: Power Dolls
1294: Seraphim Call
1298: Sentimental Journey
1299: YAT Anshin! Uchuu Ryoukou
1300: Mermaid`s Scar
1302: Houkago Mania Club
1305: Ginga Sengoku gunyuu den Rai
1306: Area 88 TV
1312: Appleseed (2004)
1315: Hi no Tori 2772

That should cover all newly added animes with wrong images. All that's left are the animes which were creq'd while AniDB was on the temp-server.