Odd Tmp. Rating values

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

HiEv

Odd Tmp. Rating values

Post by HiEv »

Sorry, I hope this is the right place for this, but something seems screwy with your Temporary Rating system. For example, see here:

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=4388

That's "Gekijouban Shakugan no Shana" (a.k.a. the "Shakugan no Shana" movie), which as far as I know isn't out yet. Two people list themselves as having seen it, and yet somehow there are 109 votes giving it a temporary rating of 9.64? How is that possible?

If that isn't a bug, and it's just people screwing around, then perhaps you ought to track down which accounts posted those votes and cancel out all votes made from those accounts, since they certainly seem to be bogus.

You might also want to check other unreleased animes and see if you find other similar voting patterns as well.

Anyways, thanks for AniDB! It's a great resource! :)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

There are more than a hundred morons in the world.

Rar
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Rar wrote:There are more than a hundred morons in the world.
Tell me something I don't know. :cry:

Anyways, if you can revoke the voting privileges on an account, maybe you could use those kinds of things to help you flag accounts that should have their voting privileges taken away.

Just a thought.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

too mcuh work and pointless
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

People might be using the temp vote on an unaired anime as some sort of strange symbolic representation of how much they anticipate liking it.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

To fahrenheit that is redoing the anime page, you might want to hide the temp vote if the date is before the current date. ;)
That's because exp is lazy and didn't add something like that to the DB as I understand people might like to have their anticipation remembered by the DB but why all of us must see such number! :P
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

i could, but you can poke rar and pelican also now, they have access to the www sources :P
egg

Post by egg »

The ability to do this should be fixed with the latest release. The votes that were already made, are still remaining, but it is no longer possible to vote on things that are in the future.
Gemberkoek

Post by Gemberkoek »

So you can only temp-vote if at least 1 episode has actually aired?
egg

Post by egg »

Here is the note that was supposed to be there:
AniDB only allows temporary voting for animes which have started airing.

To determine if an anime has started airing the First Aired/Released date of the anime entry is compared to the current date. Temporary voting is only possible if the First Aired/Released date is added AND lies in the past.

If you are unable to make a temporary vote a likely cause is that nobody added the First Aired/Released date for this anime.

To vote you have to look on the internet for the correct First Aired/Released date of this anime and then file a changerequest by clicking the "request edit" link at the bottom of the anime page.

NOTE: Please always include the url to the page where you found the First Aired/Released date information in the creq comment field.