Empty Comments on Reviews

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

So you're not going to mind if I message you every time I get an unwarranted unsupported low score on one of my precious reviews and ask you to strike down the offender with(un)holy wrath? :)

(this is not a rhetorical question)
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Feel free to message me whenever you get a bad (or good) score from me though ;)

But really, I think it will only result in less 'bad' ratings being given. That will tip the balance, imho. When people get 'punished' (by a popup) for giving a bad rating, people will abstain from giving them. That`s my main concern. And seeing how we already get few votes in the first place, I don`t think we should discourage people voting.
Perhaps you like getting less bad votes, but I think it won`t be a proper rating in the end anymore, if the people who think your review is not good enough won`t vote anymore.

In that way, if you want to enforce this, you better remove the 1 and 3 votes completely instead - would have the same effect ;)
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Sweeeeeeeet. *revs chainsaw*

Well, also, if you start removing unwarranted low scores, it'll tip the balance anyways ;D
Amour

Post by Amour »

There could be moderation of the review comments: a mod seeing a review comment empty could remove it along with the rating.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

That's exactly what I want to avoid - human moderation does not scale, and is all nasty and ranky.

Rar
Lepaca Kliffoth

Post by Lepaca Kliffoth »

A "report" feature is needed. I'm sure everyone knows what kind of comemnts reviewers get, but just in case:

From the comments on my review of FF7:AC:

17.09.05 01:37 schmodawg (100893) 1 I guess you need to watch the movie again, there is a story it revolves around geostigma and kadaj trying to bring back sephiroth. the whole movie is about stopping them from doing it, which is its plot. cloud also gains his will to fight because if he doesnt win sephiroth is gonna kill everyone and use earth to fly around space. It wasnt rushed either like you say, remember how long it took to come out, if you look at the level of detail put into there is no way you can even say it. Everything really revolves around cloud like you said because its a movie about him. This isnt an anime series either how could they go into such detail on every character. oh and by the way the value is pretty damn high seeing how I and a dozen or so of my friends have watched this at least 3-4 times each because its so good, maybe you should wait till the italian version comes out and write another review.

^ Patronizing + it just disagrees

01.12.05 22:30 Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children gseed (27868) 6 ok..

^ Wow!

25.07.06 21:20 chopper87 (161844) 10 Er. Yeah. Whatever.

^ ........

My Speed Grapher review:

10.09.06 09:25 harrize (164639) 6 Hey, hey. 6 votes for 10 in a row? Isn`t it suspicious a little? My vote is 6, pal.

^ WTF??

Thank God I have a sense of humor -__-
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

In my opinion there is no need for votes/comments of reviews at all.
Or do you want to vote the comments of the reviews too or to comment the comments?!

It's the same with the vote on episode, which is hardly used.

If you want to critic someone you can just send an pm
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Lepaca Kliffoth wrote: 25.07.06 21:20 chopper87 (161844) 10 Er. Yeah. Whatever.

^ ........
Dude, that's awesome. Chopper is a demigod and he has blessed you. If your review was bad, you would KNOW, man, you would KNOW.

Anyways, feedback for reviews is a good thing, reporting idiotic feedback is a great thing. Count me as supporting a report feature.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

the feature for that is already existing. if you want that voice your opinion. it should be easy enough to add for those as well
Lepaca Kliffoth

Der Idiot wrote:the feature for that is already existing. if you want that voice your opinion. it should be easy enough to add for those as well
I'm not following, sorry. Who are you answering to and what feature is already there? Thanks
Lepaca Kliffoth

albinosqrl wrote: Dude, that's awesome. Chopper is a demigod and he has blessed you. If your review was bad, you would KNOW, man, you would KNOW.

Anyways, feedback for reviews is a good thing, reporting idiotic feedback is a great thing. Count me as supporting a report feature.
Lol chopper just rated my Higurashi review, that guy has issues :D I like his style, though.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

reading the previous post of my post would answer that question.

albinosqrl clearly mentions
Count me as supporting a report feature.
the system for the report feature is already in and used by various other parts of anidb. adding it to the reviewcomments shouldn't be much work
Lepaca Kliffoth

Sorry it was very late in the night :(
suppy

Post by suppy »

Count me too.
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Der Idiot wrote: the system for the report feature is already in and used by various other parts of anidb. adding it to the reviewcomments shouldn't be much work
So who do we bribe? And what sort of donuts do they like?