Empty Comments on Reviews

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'm totally against this going through the creq system for reasons previously stated. Just use the fucking forum/anidb message system like currently happens.

Rar
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

ignore rar. he hates centralizing or making things easy for me. to be quite frank i rarely feel like doing stuff i read in the forum. forum is kinda like read and forget. also because i rarely get the links i want. so i got to search for the content i want to edit/kill. which makes me even less want to do it.

I see no reason to not add the comments for this as well.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I see no reason for the baka not to learn perl.

Basically, making it easier for people to whine about the occasional 'low grade' is a waste of time. If there's something really dodgy, they already have avenues available.

Rar
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Rar wrote:I see no reason for the baka not to learn perl.
time? i'm not spending the last few hours i got after i get from work on learning something i couldn't care less about like perl
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

What rar wants is making the people feel discouraged about reporting their issues with votes about their reviews, as nobody will act for what you report in the forum most of the times.

Anyway, reporting systems in places like this are prone to be abused. If you don't care about the extra work no problem, but I would think twice about implementing such a feature in THAT place.

And no, please don't learn Pearl... -_-;
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

First off, the crack against Rar is unnecessary. He was helpful when I messaged him about some mouthbreather giving me a shitty review score cause he disagreed with my opinion.

Second, Rar, man. People writing reviews are volunteers who create content for the site. Adding the ability to report bad review comments that violate the listed guidelines is a small favor in exchange.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

There's nothing wrong with people reporting flagrant abuse. There doesn't seem to be that much demand for it either, as the worst case in recent times everyone seems to have taken quite well. It's just that sticking a "report this comment" button by every bit of feedback is not only fucking-bbc-retarded, but gives the false impression that mods are here to mediate over every number and unkind word in the database. Not only does that not scale, but it causes as many problems as it solves.

Rar
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Chopper's not really a case of abuse, per se. He writes a lot of comments, but at least in my case, he points out WHY he's giving you the score. The scores on a review should provide a fair judgement of quality of the review. Sure, a couple maggots won't skew the score...if it's got enough votes. Four votes of 8-10 and then a mouthbreathing vote of 3 drops the score like a rock and that's damn well insulting to anyone who takes their writing remotely seriously ;p
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

i think it all comes down to whether a "report this review comment" feature (which could easily be implemented) helps. It seems reasonable to expect that such a feature would end up in more users reporting comments than currently do.
The question is whether the mods save time because it is all somewhat integrated and obviously baseless reports could be denied/ignored with a simple click or whether they will be flooded tons of additional reports which would take up more of their time.
As much as user convenience might be an issue, I believe that mod time is the main bottleneck atm, so whatever makes the lives of the mods easier, while only slightly inconveniencing the users, is probably the better direction to take.

BYe!
EXP