review voting (again!)

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

kamenoko

review voting (again!)

Post by kamenoko »

Once you post a review for an anime, you shouldn't be allowed to vote on any of the other reviews for the same anime. Any votes you posted before that will be revoked.

It's being abused... to a small extent by me as well. There's just no way to be objective about someone elses writing/opinions if you're commented on the series yourself.

Just an idea.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'm for self regulation rather than systemic restrictions when it comes to reviews.

Rar
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Re: review voting (again!)

Post by Gambit »

kamenoko wrote:Once you post a review for an anime, you shouldn't be allowed to vote on any of the other reviews for the same anime. Any votes you posted before that will be revoked.

It's being abused... to a small extent by me as well. There's just no way to be objective about someone elses writing/opinions if you're commented on the series yourself.
Really? I never had that problem. I voted 10s for people when it meant that they would kick me off first place. If I see a good review, I give it a good vote. If you can`t keep yourself from downvoting other reviewers, don`t vote for them. Or don`t review.
ohtoriakio

Re: review voting (again!)

Post by ohtoriakio »

Gambit wrote:
kamenoko wrote:Once you post a review for an anime, you shouldn't be allowed to vote on any of the other reviews for the same anime. Any votes you posted before that will be revoked.

Really? I never had that problem. I voted 10s for people when it meant that they would kick me off first place. If I see a good review, I give it a good vote. If you can`t keep yourself from downvoting other reviewers, don`t vote for them. Or don`t review.
That's right! A few of us have reviewed many animes and it would be rather unfair if we couldn't vote for other peoplewho attempted the same title. I find it helpful to see what other peopleare talking about in their review too. I think the real problem might be with people giving a rating that is unjustified but there is no way to monitor that so we just have to live with it...