Shows with two parts

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

SinsI

Shows with two parts

Post by SinsI »

AniDB has two separate entries for parts of this show:
Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge -
Love Pheromone and Gedou Otome Tai

I think this is not right, it should have only one entry for the whole
Rabuge.
Reasons:
1. No separate files exist(and they won't) for these parts
2. Finishing episodes have no distinct parts - both teams act together throughout the whole episode.(and they also have only one name)
3. Duration of each part varies, but together they have constant size.

Should such shows have separate entries, what do you think? Any other opinions?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Note that the other obvious example of this, 愛のあわあわアワー, is split by show not slot lines. Other stuff like Youkoso Lodoss-tou e! is not split.

Rar
elfish

Post by elfish »

I'd second that: the show's whole gimmick is that it crams two superhero teams into one city/half-hour show. (Just watch the intro: it's two variations on the same song, and the start and end animation is the same shot from different angles).

Even if you were to (somehow) divide it up into two shows, it wouldn't make sense.

Examples: in "Evil Forever! Operation Definite Justice!", the rest of Gedou Otometai must combine their powers to rescue the youngest from Aimi (Love Pheromone)'s loli-harem. In "Being a Man is Hard, Seki-Man!", Love Pheromone try to get jobs as voice-actors, but Gedou Otometai have already taken them in the first part of the episode (If you didn't watch the LP half, you wouldn't know why the studio blows up shortly afterwards).

Sooooooo..... If I were to write up an entry for Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge, what would be the result?