Foul language in reviews

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

ttg

Foul language in reviews

Post by ttg »

Are such reviews appropriate in anidb:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... d=618#3461

I don't feel like they should be...
suppy

Post by suppy »

anidb is not a daycare center.

however, you're free to rate the review low if you feel it didn't quite live up to your expectations of how a review should be written - just try to clearly state how the review could be improved in your review-comment.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

A little bit of cursing is okay IMO. But this is a ridiculous review. It's just one big cursing. I'm in favor of wiping it.
worf

Post by worf »

all of killuahxh's reviews need to be deleted. its already been discussed and DerIdiot should have the nick on one of his lists already.
read some of his other reviews and you'll see that they are all crap.
brd529

Post by brd529 »

No, please. This is poetry which should be preserved. Seriously, I mean it.
Ecchi is always cute, unless its freaky-funky...

If its Kool And The Gang then I`m down with it, but if it gets Backstreet Boys on the shit I`m bouncing.

This is the funkiest funk I ever funking saw...

I mean, it was just pure, well not super realistic but just a great thing to watch...

Like watching Ranma 1/2/or reading/ but instead -- Ranma is super pervertedly going after Akane, and shes trying her hardest not to get knocked-up....

(Did you know, Rumiko Takahashi talked that she almost extended the manga series (spoilers) from it just ending with "The wedding was post-poned, for now" with Akane and Ranma getting married and having a kid and shit like in Maison Ikkoku...

True Blue` - Like A Virgin!! -- I Hate Madonna
Spook Spook, GHOST!!!! -- I hate Scooby Doo, sept Scoob and Shag, I burn with them in their Van... Nothing like rockin D` Ganj wit mi hOmA`s Scoob and Shag!
This is music. Just leave the guy alone.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

he's either a nigga or a wigga like myself, I like the guy :lol:
I'm not feeling Kool and the Gang shit, though, only the My Life remix with CNN, that was straight fire, yo!
kidan

Post by kidan »

We once introduced the rating feature for reviews with the intention not to censor unpleasant reviews, but to give people the power to put it far down. So I opt against deleting any review, which is accaptable in terms of jurisdiction.
nstgc

Post by nstgc »

We could always install the V-chipset, but that wouldn't give the proper gestapo style heavy handed punishment that a moderator could. But moderatros piss me off. I suggest the "eThrashing" system where users spam the fuck out of the offenders message box. The offends ends up reemed so far up his ass he won't know be able to tell the difference between Sessamia Street and the more benign childrens show Sesame Street. Its like IV drugs without the good buzz.