Game-Openings allowed for game-based Anime?

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

Taxit

Game-Openings allowed for game-based Anime?

Post by Taxit »

Normally, Game Intros/Openings are not allowed for themselves, but what if an anime based on a game is created and added to AniDB? :?:
I assume they are not allowed either way, because I saw some getting deleted from their respective anime before (BALDR FORCE EXE Resolution,Fate/stay night), but I didn't find any specific rule about those.
I'm asking because some got readded to Fate/stay night as C1/C2 First/Second Opening, File 201498/File 203008/File 203009. (At ep2 and Second Opening available? Yeah right :roll: )
Now I would like to know if it's better to request their deletion or add the ones I still got with German-subtitles (TsukiKage) again?
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

Sometimes the second episode does have a different opening to the first, but it's unusual. Anyway, material from the game the anime is based on is obviously about as allowable as scans of manga other anime are based on: not at all.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

What pelican said, if you find any, let a mod know.
Taxit

Post by Taxit »

I made a thread after pelicans answer already, although nobody reacted to it. :|
(And another one with no answer. If you have the time, at least some sort of response would be appreciated, thank you. :) )