[ANIME][TITLES][SYMBOLS] - vs :

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

nwa wrote:so are all gonna change their vote to - now, instead of :
no, why?

DonGato's suggestion sounded more like: "Use ':' in titles and convert it to '-' for ed2k-links", which I agree with. After all, that is but a one-byte change in the code (two bytes, if you take chii into account).
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

sasuka wahaha ...

I didn't even thought about anidb conversion.
Ok, a COLON it is then :P
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

LOL, we're like a group of hear impaired people. :P
wahaha is right... I think the colon is the right one for the title but regretfully Windows and ed2k doesn't support them, so we need to change them for a " -" or a ","... who knows. :D
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

nwa wrote:sasuka wahaha ...
sasuga :P
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

was that really necessary? :P

on the second thought... if nobody would correct me then I'd always write it this way and everyone would think I'm a moron :lol:
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

nwa wrote:was that really necessary? :P

on the second thought... if nobody would correct me then I'd always write it this way and everyone would think I'm a moron :lol:
You mean you're not? 8O
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Phew, I'm glad we go off-topic only after the problem has (moreless) been resolved ^^
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Problem? What problem?

And I strongly encourage correcting, otherwise a week might pass without me getting pissed ;-)

Seriously, sometimes correcting is a good thing for you might use words you think are right for a couple of years untill you find out they have been changed a while ago or they never were written that way at all. For instance a couple of years ago they allowed "Sylvester" to be a way to write what we call new-years eve. Before that it was always "Silvester". I corrected somebody and said new thing might be the name of that cat chasing Tweety but it's no german word. Little did I know.

A dictionary sometimes can be a real eye-opener. Especially when you choose one that is less than ten years old.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I'm great on pronouncing things completely wrong. But that's not a message board problem. :P

Rar