Same file, different group!!

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

...as if we'd know who it came from on winny (if that's even meaningful as a `group')
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

just for the record. l33t-raws is out of the db and all files are now marked "no group" *points at nwa* he did it , not me! *runs off and hides*
Amour

Post by Amour »

nwa wrote:some of the winny files have CRC in their filenames
Oh, fantastic verification system!
Just do a search on eMule with the following CRC and tell me how many results: E2203007
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Japanese p2p users seem to be less idiotic than their french counterparts.

Rar
suppy

Post by suppy »

I made a wiki page to adress this problem: http://www.anidb.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... _to_credit
please help me keep it updated and to add more groups.
Elias

Post by Elias »

Amour wrote:
nwa wrote:some of the winny files have CRC in their filenames
Oh, fantastic verification system!
Just do a search on eMule with the following CRC and tell me how many results: E2203007
Six, but i would go only for that one with most sources (if i ever wanted to have french sub, next live maybe).
Anyway, maybe it's not fantastic, but in most cases enough: after downloading you can verify if CRC of downloaded file matches those from filename. If not, that those file is corrupted, try again with different clone.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Rar wrote:Japanese p2p users seem to be less idiotic than their french counterparts.
For the fun, try a KADEMLIA search with 2C45CDFA, then compare with Animeka. ;)
suppy

Post by suppy »

http://anidb.info/g3032 Quantum-Raws ... they're listed in the "don't credit" list, yet their description says they are "Raw capper / provider" ... one of these are wrong. I'd rather trust DerIdiot than some random group-adder, but I don't know. bringing it to people's attention atleast.

edit: if the mods deem deridiot to be right, I assume the group-entry will be deleted? since having groups that shouldn't be credited in the db seems kinda pointless.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

well i can only speak of one case i checked so far, but that was a 100% match with winny. i would be very surprised if the others aren't as well.

anyway wiped the group
rawx

Post by rawx »

Well, I run [x-raws] and IF!! I get my raws from winny/share (rare), the only reason I re-name: 1) English title 2) marked "raw"
I figured "x" was pretty much "no name" :P And please don't credit us unless you want. I feel like getting files from my torrent or IRC channel, is the same as your provider getting from winny (since I have files before they do), they have to send to translators and stuff, give them credit. It's all about the distro and sharing, and also it is about knowing exactly what you are DLing.. you see [x-raw]_Naruto .. you know there is no subs on it :) *and just in case... I do know personal cappers :P
Please just enjoy the anime :P
iWolf (from #l33t-raws)

Post by iWolf (from #l33t-raws) »

I had completly forgotten about this discussion but here I am again.

Now if you get our, or most other groups releases and check against the CRC32 to make sure the file is not corrupt, then make an MD5 you can search in HashDB (ex. http://hashdb.com/2befb6a50171d3cca86a7a5ab406c924 ) the trip (トリップ torippu in katakana) you will find as close an identification of the source (not necesarilly the capper) as we have any info on. OkiTL from the example releases other capper's files aside from what we think is his own.

Now some people have told me about capper groups in Japan who release thru WinNY and other places, we don't know any, not even their name so AFAIK the WinNY trip (Share's ID) is as close as we got.

Share's hash is SHA1 but I don't know of any database for those.

Have fun ;)
rawx

Post by rawx »

suppy wrote:I made a wiki page to adress this problem: http://www.anidb.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... _to_credit
please help me keep it updated and to add more groups.
now, of course... since I said it better to credit the person in ur team with the raw provider credit... doesn't mean I want to be on your "blacklist" or do-not credit ... acaully none of those teams should be. They share the files you cannot get, or get fast enough, they have save alot of bandwith to the person originally serving on winny/share ... Instead of 500 leechers are trying to figure out and ruin winny more, they are waiting for the BTs. Everyone in the "english" fansubbing community does thier part to keep subtitles coming fast and HQ, getting a raw fast and HQ is a big part of it. I don't know about the others, but I am 1 guy getting all these raws and distroing on home line. So, even if ya dont want to give them credit, they earned it. And don't make a naughty/nice list... all your doing is giving people a reason to act stupid around the teams.
1 more thing... if you know raw cappers enough to see that the raw is from winny, then you don't need it marked. and if i Put [okidokeiTL] at the end of my Ergo Proxy raws... what would that do... maybe 10% of the people who get raws from us know who that is. And Just becuase it is his rip, don't mean I got it from him. So should I credit my topsites? Or should I tell them, they should be added to your list, cuase thier efforts to share what I need, are not good enough..?

OH well... u guys will always find something bitch about. Good Luck to the rest of the teams, you do alot of good for the fansubbers and raw collectors, even if you are on the naughty list! :P
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

1 more thing... if you know raw cappers enough to see that the raw is from winny, then you don't need it marked. and if i Put [okidokeiTL] at the end of my Ergo Proxy raws... what would that do... maybe 10% of the people who get raws from us know who that is.
Let's say 99,99% of all raws are from winny or share (the only known exception being saiyaman for tv raws). So it's not really hard for the mods/zealous users to paste the hash into those p2p apps and see what "name" is returned. Indeed, okidokei would not tell many bt users much, but unless you do a "quality control" process, x-raws or any other tag has about the same value to the BT downloaders.
And Just becuase it is his rip, don't mean I got it from him. So should I credit my topsites? Or should I tell them, they should be added to your list, cuase thier efforts to share what I need, are not good enough..?
The point you apparently fail to see is that neither your "topsite" nor you nor the japanese guy that just shares stuff who you got it from has contributed anything to the creation of the file. Hence, only the person/hash that created or first introduced it to the p2p world is credited. Easy as that. So unless you cap it yourself, you won't find your groupname in anidb.
Nobody is saying that downloading stuff from winny and torrenting it isn't a service for the "english fansubbing community," but as the wiki page already said, it's not enough ;)

CU,
lamer_de
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

Groups in anidb aren't a feature to give people "credit" for work done, they're to allow users to identify files from a common source.

And in my opinion, trip codes aren't much use for this either.

Post by Guest »

Ok, well if Winny was to shut down today, ur right me and S^M, might be the only ones left, becuase I have cappers AND I do not get my files from winny. Yes, my sources share the same files on winny... But The source is not winny. Also, they do not have a winny TAG posted... once again becuase it is not winny.
either way, the only thing I care about, is that you don't want your raw files in english and clearly marked "raw".
quoteing lame_de
"Nobody is saying that downloading stuff from winny and torrenting it isn't a service for the "english fansubbing community," but as the wiki page already said, it's not enough "

Well...
1) I do not get from winny
2) BT is very small part of my help
3) I have weekly updated streaming anime for RAW TV
4) Direct Download club
5) IRC channel with fastbots
6) raws from my cappers for your translator 30mins after airing.

Yea, you got the [zomg!-raws] guy running around, showing how easy it is to get a file, not-rename it, or give a CRC. People have to go back to TT.com to see if he posted an English name for it. OR... you can get a clearly marked raw, while watching it on RawTV and waiting for the first 3 episodes on Direct Download. Seems alot more than basic BT to me.

Winny is for Japanese folk only... if everyone else got closed off today, me and S^M might be the only ones left, so lets stop bitching and be happy for all the options for raws we have from people shareing what they can.