Same file, different group!!

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

Starks

Post by Starks »

(I own and operate Freelance-Raws)

I make considerable effort to credit the capper whenever I upload to a tracker and put them on TT. I even go as far as putting the capper in the torrent comment field for the BT client.

Side note:
Does ripping from a DVDISO qualify for listing on AniDB if the extracted raw is cleaned, processed, and reencoded?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

ripping and encoding = actually doing something to create content
so yes it does. like SM who actually caps his stuff himself.

Post by Guest »

Der Idiot wrote:ripping and encoding = actually doing something to create content
I was kind of disappointed that the raws I constructed for Mai-Otome specials were removed...

(If you doubt the authenticity of the raws, look at the dates and times of when released them and compare with the times that cappers first put their raws on Winny and share.)
Starks

Post by Starks »

Anonymous wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:ripping and encoding = actually doing something to create content
I was kind of disappointed that the raws I constructed for Mai-Otome specials were removed...

(If you doubt the authenticity of the raws, look at the dates and times of when released them and compare with the times that cappers first put their raws on Winny and share.)
Sorry, I forgot to fill in the username.
Starks

Post by Starks »

iWolf (from #l33t-raws) wrote:
Share's hash is SHA1 but I don't know of any database for those.

Have fun ;)
ShareDB is the closest equivalent, it's slower and less straight-forward than HashDB.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Anonymous wrote:

no files were removed. all that was removed was the group/grouptag from the fileentry. if you say you really encoded those files feel free to add your grouptag to them.

try to understand us we got a shitload of data to maintain and tards throw shit at us from all directions. at times you can't and sometimes don't even want to check all available info and just do things the way your stomache commands.